Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic helmet - recent acquisition

Article about: here's one for you gents, fresh from Europe. A decnt relic. Does it appear to have the KM grey repainted over the xterior, in one photo you can see the green paint underneath, and the interi

?

Default Relic helmet - recent acquisition

here's one for you gents, fresh from Europe.
    A decnt relic. Does it appear to have the KM grey repainted over the xterior, in one photo you can see the green paint underneath, and the interior is a green colour also. There is some yellowing on the eagle decal, but i cannot tell if it is KM or heer, due to her condition (and photos taken by a phone). Appears genuine, as you can see the rust growing through the national emblem and eagle. I cannot locate a makers number or name, was tempted to give it a light sand just to see.
    Any tips to clean her up a bit, like a thin coat of oil or linseed oil, or just leave as it. Enjoy
    regards
    ALRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisitionRelic helmet - recent acquisition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmet - recent acquisition
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Default Re: Relic helmet - recent acquisition

gday Al, nice relic, i would leave it as is. Sanding and applying oil could ruin the helmet. kept in the right enviroment it shouldnt deteriorate too much.

regards Paul

?

Rust looks rather fresh to me...

Martin

?

look again, not fresh, you can see where i have picked a few of the globs off. A wipe with a rag produces rust dust.

I think it is a regular Heer helmet. It re-painted on the front. This is very often and often had blue paint. See my topic
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/relic...lingrad-19567/
    Oxalic acid can be used, but a very small amount and it is necessary to immerse the helmet there for a short time with the control process.
    After the acid should be used lye (sodium hydroxide) to deactivate the acid. After all, I use a natural wax for conservation

Just keep the helmet as it is, it's a nice honest relic. Seal the surface with a film of bees wax and keep it in a dry area.

From the small pictures, I can’t expand them? The decal areas look a little odd? The tricolour looks like it was painted on????? Is it just the pictures??............... The liner band has already been cleaned, I do not think it would look like that compared to the rest of the shell corrosion; aluminium corrodes just as easily as steel.........

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    From the small pictures, I can’t expand them? The decal areas look a little odd? The tricolour looks like it was painted on????? Is it just the pictures??............... The liner band has already been cleaned, I do not think it would look like that compared to the rest of the shell corrosion; aluminium corrodes just as easily as steel.........
    Pics this size don't indeed help to make a case for the helmet , only fakers profit from pics this size. It's the 21st century for crying out loud , give us high res pics that fill our screen.

Sorry for the rant but people sometimes need a wake up call. Photography never was so easy.

I don't like what I can see in these small pictures.

I the whole helmet looks suspicious to me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast