Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Relic "Italian" camo helmet

Article about: Yes you read the title correctly! A relic Italian campaign helmet. Defiantly something you don't see every day. And with super rare items like these, there's always fakes to confuse/excite n

Default Relic "Italian" camo helmet

Yes you read the title correctly! A relic Italian campaign helmet. Defiantly something you don't see every day. And with super rare items like these, there's always fakes to confuse/excite novice collectors like myself. The helmet has a clear bullet hole going through it, id say its safe to assume the soldier wearing it met an unfortunate demise. The paint is very interesting. You can see the original Luftwaffe color, and decal peeking out from the areas where the camo rubbed off. Then we have the outer camo area. You can see the green color on top, and the mustard yellow color on the rest of it. I think more colors such as the green on top were applied to other areas of the helmet, but faded over the years. So with all that said, could I get your opinions on this relic lid? No doubt the helmet is original, but is the paint original also? I really appreciate you guys helping me.

Best regards-Jarret

Relic "Italian" camo helmetRelic "Italian" camo helmetRelic "Italian" camo helmetRelic "Italian" camo helmetRelic "Italian" camo helmetRelic "Italian" camo helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic "Italian" camo helmet
    P
    Many

The damage looks more shrapnel than bullet as it ha cracked the shell between the entry and exit. No doubt this item in your collection illustrates the dreadful horror of warfare in the twentieth century. Fascinating and thought provoking item.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The damage looks more shrapnel than bullet as it ha cracked the shell between the entry and exit. No doubt this item in your collection illustrates the dreadful horror of warfare in the twentieth century. Fascinating and thought provoking item.
    couldn't agree more, defiantly shows the evidence of the horrors these soldiers saw during the second world war. Also thank you for pointing out it is shrapnel damage, instead of bullet damage. Now I know

Best regards- Jarret

Hi Jarret

Looks to me like the "Shake & bake" method popular from the 80s'. Spray or brush apply camo paint over a rusty shell & bake at 350 degrees for a few hours. The "bubbling" effect is a result of this method. Also, was not uncommon to post war paint a camo scheme, then heat with a torch....will give you a similar look of abnormal age & bubbling.

Just my opinion based on a few of these I know of & have heard about & got "Burnt" on one myself about 10 years ago that was a similar golden/tan color.

But if you like it & obviously in the relic condition it is in, should not be much of a liability financially if you already bought it. Decision is all yours whether to keep it or not.

David

Thanks for the input real steel. I saw the bubbling, and didn't think much of it. As I have a relic M35 that has the same type of bubbling, and it was bubbling under the VERY small patches of original paint left. Well I thank you for for sharing this information, and it will help me ID future helmets. Really appreciate it!

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

I like the stretch limo out front
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Thanks for the input real steel. I saw the bubbling, and didn't think much of it. As I have a relic M35 that has the same type of bubbling, and it was bubbling under the VERY small patches of original paint left. Well I thank you for for sharing this information, and it will help me ID future helmets. Really appreciate it!

Best regards- Jarret
    Okay Jarret.

Was just tossing out my opinion. Enjoy it !!