Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic lid, opinions Please

Article about: I'm with Las Vegas on this one - the rust bleeding (( the streaks across the paint ) look too new. I too hav a few relics and this one's deterioration would be correct if iwe were in the 195

Default Re: Relic lid, opinions Please

I'm with Las Vegas on this one - the rust bleeding (( the streaks across the paint ) look too new. I too hav a few relics and this one's deterioration would be correct if iwe were in the 1950's ..... but not now, This is recent corrosion!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic lid, opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

thanks for all your input guys... as you can probably tell from all your posts,

i will not be buying this example

finding that next lid is most of the fun anyway.

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    ermm i have my doubts on this, that paint doesnt look period to me ,heres what i think and i maybe totally wrong i think this was redone with paint and decal then buried in sand or as said above under sea water to age it, the sand is nicely left covering parts of decal ,why not brush it off ?? but like i say thats just my opinion, rgds Dave
    I agree with you ,I have been digging in rivers ,swamp and farm land and I have found many helmets and this does not look right at all to me.do not buy it ,look like some one put it outside to age it.

?

I have seen lids with similar rusting, kept in very cold and humid places. I've also seen this kind of turned green colour but you guys made very good points here on the decal (which I never studied not collecting helmets) and I believe you are right.
    I am wondering how they did that: probably they took a rusty lid, painted and decalled it and the put it in a oven/furnace and bury it in the ice/snow. Or something closer to that. They're getting close!
    Regards

Matt

rince it with water and better pics may help
    the coulor is quite strannge to me an the "drip like "rust bring up a red flag to
    the shel may be original is the airvent is ok
    decal cant say

I was sold on ebay yesterday for US$50!!!!!!!
    So whatever it was, it didn't cost someone the earth! Maybe we all missed out on a bargain??

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I was sold on ebay yesterday for US$50!!!!!!!
    So whatever it was, it didn't cost someone the earth! Maybe we all missed out on a bargain??
    well i wont lose any sleep missing it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2