Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Relic M40 Helmet.

Article about: I'm going to try and get this relic back to some sort of decent condition. Always wanted to restore a German helmet back to as near to it's younger life as possible Pictures of M40 helmet in

Bottom Line is that it's an original German Liner regardless...It's a good match in view of the shell's overall condition...-in my opinion-...
    You're coming along nicely...
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M40 Helmet.
    P
    Many

Cheers Glen, as you say, it's coming along nicely.. in my opinion..

Dav
    ?

I was enjoying this thread, then it all stopped? What happened to the draw string?

You know Dav, I was thinking the same.. dunno what happened with the draw string, I have got one some where?

The thing is, I've been very busy of late, as my dear mother was diagnosed with vascular Dementia last year.

Every thing has been put on hold (for now) since then. So I'm behind with just about every thing at the moment.

If any body on our forum has gone through the same thing, they'll understand what a awful illness it is.

This forum has kept me going, believe me.

Dav
    ?

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    You know Dav, I was thinking the same.. dunno what happened with the draw string, I have got one some where?

The thing is, I've been very busy of late, as my dear mother was diagnosed with vascular Dementia last year.

Every thing has been put on hold (for now) since then. So I'm behind with just about every thing at the moment.

If any body on our forum has gone through the same thing, they'll understand what a awful illness it is.

This forum has kept me going, believe me.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, although I was only young my Auntie had it at quite a late stage I believe, although it could have possibly been Alzeihmers, either way, these diseases are truly awful and I wish you the best, and I am glad to hear the forum is helping you get through it all. It must be tough...

There is no getting away from it, it is very tough at the moment, but you have keep going.

Never away from Hospitals, Clinics, Doctors and there is always another appointment to go to. It never stops.

But, hopefully we are finally getting some stability on her condition.

You just have to try and be there for her.

It's all you can do..

Liner pins now added, some progress has been made

Nearly took my fingers off lining up the pins to the liner..

Just a drawstring to be added, if I can find a original one..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M40 Helmet.   Relic M40 Helmet.  

MAP
    ?

Well ..here are some high quality repros (all the way at the bottom of the page

German Helmets for Sale | German War Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Had a look at it today, and the paint is still flaking off in parts, I believe many years ago it was painted matt black?

Update of the progress made.

Draw string and camouflage band added.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic M40 Helmet.   Relic M40 Helmet.  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast