Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic M40 Waffen SS Helmet - Help, is it fake?

Article about: Good morning experts, Is my helmet legit? Purchased from Stalingrad. Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic of the Internet https://i.imgur.com/NuaNjjt.jpg https://i.imgur.com/RCB

Default Relic M40 Waffen SS Helmet - Help, is it fake?

Good morning experts,

Is my helmet legit?

Purchased from Stalingrad.

Last edited by cl0wnfeet; 10-29-2018 at 03:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M40 Waffen SS Helmet - Help, is it fake?
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please follow this guide posted by Michael and upload your photos directly to this thread.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Welcome,

I will let the decal experts opine on authenticity. Looks like it is an EF style decal however.

I've never heard of Stalingradfront. Hopefully others have and can opine on their reputation. That said, we place no weight on a COA (Cert of Authentication). We have seen time and again, COA's that are worthless. We judge the helmet and not the piece of paper.

I would be a little concerned over the condition of the helmet. It appears to be crumbling and flaking away. Maybe someone has advice on how to protect it.

Let's see what others have to say on the decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map
    Yes the COA is really just a piece of paper which adds no value because anyone can make one! I thought I would attached it to show where the seller has stated helmet origin and type (to see if any expert can advise on that also).
    I would be very interested in how to protect it, it is in poor condition.
    I am a little worried because the Decal appears to be in good condition.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Rob

MAP
    ?

People will be around. Late at night. So it's quiet now. Relics are faked just as much as non relic helmets and many times much more hard to confirm. But in this case, given the condition of the decal (always possible with relics), the decal guys will be able to opine as so much remains.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

No Waffen SS units fought at Stalingrad. The remote fantasy that there were a few WSS guys "visiting" on a liaison trip or whatever and of those five guys this is one of their helmets is one I have seen on a forum - and is likely rubbish.

I have seen a few relic helmets (not SS) whereby the decal seemed to hold up better than the paint, but this decal is in suspiciously good shape compared to the rest of the helmet. I'm not an SS collector and one of those members would have a much better idea on SS decals, but it doesn't look legit to me.

Thanks TWS. Sorry for misleading I meant I purchased it from Stalingradfront.com. The helmet was dug up in Kursk, Russia. I am also suspicious regarding the quality of the decal. I hope its real because I paid a decent amount for this. Thanks

Default photos with further detail

Relic M40 Waffen SS Helmet - Help, is it fake?Relic M40 Waffen SS Helmet - Help, is it fake?

?

Sorry, apparently, people have had issues with this guy before.
    www.stalingradfront.com opinions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast