Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?

Article about: Hello, I came across this helmet on the internet for auction, and would like to know if it checks out? I don't know much about helmets (I just want a good, original relic of some sort to dis

?

Default Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?

Hello, I came across this helmet on the internet for auction, and would like to know if it checks out? I don't know much about helmets (I just want a good, original relic of some sort to display with my mostly flat collection of papers/documents), but I do know that wire can be sketchy. Any thoughts on authenticity? I want to know what I'm getting into before I try for something I don't know much about.

Thanks in advance!

Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?

PS. Sorry for the picture quality. That's all the seller has posted for now. If needed, I'll ask if I can get more detailed shots of certain areas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic M42 with wire, thoughts?
    P
    Many

A heavily pitted helmet and wire with minimal rust, i don't think they belong together!...

?

Thanks for such a quick reply, wow!

I never would have noticed, honestly-- I'm a lost cause when it comes to helmets like this. Your sharp eye is most appreciated!

So disregarding the wire - $100 maximum - is all I'd do.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would pass on this one mate. Speak to some of the diggers on the forum; Paul E, Datrus. They may be able to hook you up with a good value and honest shell.

?

Steve-- I'll keep that in mind if I do go for it. I probably won't, but if it's still low in a few days, who knows. It's only $25 now.

Krad-- Thanks for the tip! I'll try and hit them up at some point. Plus it's good to have the names of a few trusted members for future reference.

The wire is post war added.
    chris

I am not much into cammo's or wire but that has been added boys are right. timothy

?

Thanks both of you for the added confirmation!

?

Im with Gunny on this one.
    Anyway, I cant see it in the pics, but had the wire been on there for a long time, there would have to be severe traces of it on the helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast