MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Relic shell with holes drilled in front?

Article about: Recently bought this relic shell, according to the seller it came from the city of Groningen (the Netherlands). Notice the two holes drilled in the front... has anyone ever seen something li

Default Relic shell with holes drilled in front?

Recently bought this relic shell, according to the seller it came from the city of Groningen (the Netherlands).
    Notice the two holes drilled in the front... has anyone ever seen something like this, or any idea of the purpose these holes would have had? (assuming this was done wartime)

Relic shell with holes drilled in front? Relic shell with holes drilled in front?
    Relic shell with holes drilled in front? Relic shell with holes drilled in front?
    Relic shell with holes drilled in front?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic shell with holes drilled in front?
    P
    Many

The holes match the location of where the Spanish insignia were attached.Relic shell with holes drilled in front?

This is not a spanish manufactured helmet though, looks like a Quist made M40. Who knows when the holes were drilled, possibly post war. Ive seen them a lot in bowl/shit remover configuration with various ways of attaching the handle.

Thanks for your thoughts gentlemen.

The holes were drilled a long time ago by the looks of it, but could indeed still be post war.

It being used a a tool postwar is an interesting idea, if it were not for the battledamage (if that's what it is).

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    This is not a spanish manufactured helmet though, looks like a Quist made M40. Who knows when the holes were drilled, possibly post war. Ive seen them a lot in bowl/shit remover configuration with various ways of attaching the handle.
    I agree. This was most likely used post war, and a handle was attached to it at some point. I had a similar relic M40 with two holes drilled vertically into the front. It also had its ventilation, and rivet ports plugged. I was told it was used to scoop food for animals on a farm. You have a nice relic helmet, and it possibly has a cool post war history too.

Best regards- Jarret

MAP
    ?

All I will add is that the holes are not perfectly centered so I would doubt it would be for anything but to repurpose the helmet as a tool. JMHO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)