MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relic White Winter Camo M40

Article about: I am 14 years old, and thus cannot afford a "non-relic helmet" for the moment, and am considering buying this helmet below: (this helmet will cost \\$40 USD) I dont really collect he

Default Re: Relic White Winter Camo M40

Thanks for the compliments guys,

qotd, I dont have a soldbuch with that last name. I have 7 soldbuchs and 1 wehrpass.

Earlier this morning I posted in another thread all the information, and pictures of my soldbuchs. They are in the link below (go to post #22 and 31 in the following link if you would like to see what I have)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin...llect-46231-3/

Thanks,
    Swayne

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic White Winter Camo M40
    P
    Many

?

Thanks mate, like I said I had to ask!!!!! And if you don't ask you don't know.

Thanks anyway....go get that helmet

Your welcome, by the way, what do you think of my soldbuch collection? I have accumulated it over the past 8 months.

And, I certainly will try to buy the helmet.

Thanks,
    Swayne

Get the helmet, it's as nice as you can get relic-wise.

?

By all means buy the helmet, but you need to realise that the rust is extremely heavy and has made the metal very thin and fragile, it will not be long before the top collapses completely unless you do something to secure the rust process, and to do that you will need to apply a rust inhibitor, the trouble with this is it might change the colour of the helmet therefore you need to make sure that any product you obtain will not interfere with the colour, the natural look and the decal

?

[QUOTE=Lt. Martin;260958]Your welcome, by the way, what do you think of my soldbuch collection? I have accumulated it over the past 8 months.
    And, I certainly will try to buy the helmet.

Very nice, do you look for particular units, awards etc???? Or do you just get what you can get??? I suppose depending on the unit and awards etc the price would be different

Quote by davejb View Post
    By all means buy the helmet, but you need to realise that the rust is extremely heavy and has made the metal very thin and fragile, it will not be long before the top collapses completely unless you do something to secure the rust process, and to do that you will need to apply a rust inhibitor, the trouble with this is it might change the colour of the helmet therefore you need to make sure that any product you obtain will not interfere with the colour, the natural look and the decal
    Maybe using some of that magic, odorless fish oil on the inside of the shell might secure the remnants enough to hold things together for a few more years. I think using it on the outside will discolor the shell too much.

?

The fish oil only slightly darkens what's already there, doesn't add a colour!!!!

?

Heres two pics, one before the bayonets were cleaned in hot soapy water and hit with fish oil. It does look shiny, but I find once it is dry, a mat spray varnish seals it nicely and gives a nice matt finish
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic White Winter Camo M40   Relic White Winter Camo M40  

Well, here in Canada it's not all that cheap.. I know this for sure, because being 13 and using a 20 dollar allowance to buy items isn't that good, so 40 USD sounds great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2