Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic Winter camo German Helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone, I've been learning a lot about helmets thanks to you guys! I found this one and I think it might be the real deal. I would appreciate other opinions though. The rust is what

Default Relic Winter camo German Helmet?

Hello everyone, I've been learning a lot about helmets thanks to you guys! I found this one and I think it might be the real deal. I would appreciate other opinions though. The rust is what is kinda giving me a bad feeling; I don't know why. The helmet looks good and the paint looks decent but I'm no expert haha. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic Winter camo German Helmet?   Relic Winter camo German Helmet?  

Relic Winter camo German Helmet?   Relic Winter camo German Helmet?  

Relic Winter camo German Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic Winter camo German Helmet?
    P
    Many

I like it a lot. It looks a lot like one I got that was recovered from Demjansk, Dan now owns it. The damage looks period, the paint has been split away from it by the shock of impacts. The rust is a little red but it would have reactivated a bit after cleaning so I think that's fine. A great relic if the price is right IMO.

I like it too, looks like an honest winter camo relic... has some great character to it! As noted above I also think it might not have been cleaned thoroughly enough allowing the corrosive process to re-activate, producing these "fresh" looking rust spots. Some nasty looking damage to this one though... vicious...

If the price is OK I wouldn't hesitate... I like the fact that it still retains the liner band and two of its original pins as well!

I'm with krad and slados - a beauty like the one I got from kradspam.
    Nice photography in the snow too .... but coming from Australia I think that's what it is :-)

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks honest!....

Thanks everyone! I might go for it. What do you think would be a good price? Shipping would be about $30

Very very nice helm, i can only say that you will not be the only bidder

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thanks everyone! I might go for it. What do you think would be a good price? Shipping would be about $30
    A good price is hard to set, as it depends of how much the buyer's willing to spend if you really really want it. And that pricing is individual.
    Similar helmets are for sale in Latvia for around USD 100.
    Happy bidding,
    Michael

I really like it, battle damaged but still a lot of white paint!

I like the look of it
    Do you happen to know where it was found?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast