Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Relics and grave robbing

Article about: by slados28 I don't really think there's much to argue about there... What I find interesting about this whole fear of relics being brought out of graves/taken off of corpses is that this re

?

Default Re: Relics and grave robbing

I don't think you will be able to find a family here not having a family member sent to prison, gulag or killed by the Soviets. Did you know that thousands of USSR soldiers was sent straight from Berlin to Siberia?

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relics and grave robbing
    P
    Many

Hi Lars,

I was aware that Stalin and the NKVD were very paranoid after the war, even more so than before i guess, and many Soviet POWs were sent to the Gulag's because they were deemed not to be trusted for becoming POWs in the first place. I did not think the Red Army made that decision however ? I would have thought the general public would have thought more of their own Red Army soldiers than the WH after what they went through ? You live there, you have more knowledge than i !

?

I understand. However, lots of USSR soldiers and officers began to get "dangerous" thoughts after having a look at the enemy's society, compared to USSR.

"I did not think the Red Army made that decision however"

Don't know but i will guess Stalin made that decision. Btw many people here see general Shukov as a mass murderer of Russian soldiers. He had no regard for his own men. This is evident in Operation Mars. Furthermore, the public or it's opinion did not matter in USSR. Of course Russians are proud of winning the battles on the Eastern Front but it's a somehow double sided thing this issue. Everything German or Scandinavian here is very popular.

?

Just bear in mind that threads such as these often head down a very slippery slope which is why you won't find much discussion about it.

If you wish to post then please do so but keep it civil, avoid swearing, arguing and if your point of view differs from someone elses then agree to disagree in a polite and adult manner.

It is good to hear two sides to every story but state yours in a non provocative way and without deliberate stirring.

The thread is being watched and any transgression of the site expectations regarding conduct will be punished.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Lars, very interesting thanks !

Yes, its easy to forget or ignore how brutal Stalin and his regime were before and after the war. Take Katyn for instance, the 1930's Red Army purges, the road of bones etc. In fact, I would say that alot of the general public in the UK dont even know that the USSR invaded Poland as well as the Germans, in 41 when they became our Allies, it was all forgotten, it tends to be overlooked in school teachings, i was never told when i studied it as a teenager.

Shukov and the Red Army could be brutal to them selves, but i guess they did what they had to do, i have read many tales of lower class soldiers being forced to march through mine fields to clear them for advancing tanks and infantry, lots of other instances also, we could start another thread on the subject !

- - Updated - -

Adrian, I am not swearing or arguing with anybody ?????

We are not arguing are we Lars ???

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Just bear in mind that threads such as these often head down a very slippery slope which is why you won't find much discussion about it.

If you wish to post then please do so but keep it civil, avoid swearing, arguing and if your point of view differs from someone elses then agree to disagree in a polite and adult manner.

It is good to hear two sides to every story but state yours in a non provocative way and without deliberate stirring.

The thread is being watched and any transgression of the site expectations regarding conduct will be punished.
    I understand Adrian. I just got a little upset reading an article painting a complete false picture on things here. Yes i used the "B" word. Sorry about that. I have removed that now.

I am not trying to provoke or stir. I was just trying to give an explanation. I understand what you mean however and will stand down from further discussions on this path.

Regards, Lars

Adrian,

My apologies, I was not stirring anything up or trying to argue with Lars, I was simply interested in his opinions from a Russian point of view, as he lives there and has far more insight than myself, I will make no futher comments !

?

I'm not accusing or pointing fingers at anyone but from experience I know how these threads often turn out.

I appreciate the fact it is an emotive subject and that so far the discussion has been handled in a reasonable way and my previous post was not to make anyone feel like I was looking in their direction but more of a friendly warning for future posts.

Everyone is free to discuss this subject but in the correct manner.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Already by the second page the subject has moved off topic , lets discuss the original post and try and keep the thread on track or as Adrian has said it will end up being closed very quickly !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul,

I have no further comments to make, and yes we did move off track rather quickly, apologies !!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast