MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure

Article about: by col james very nice dan and a great price too what are your plans for this one ,maybe restore with period liner and chinstrap , great find james I've only done a resto on ONE relic with a

Default Re: Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure

Nice Dan I've got a new arrival coming in the next couple of days too I hope

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure
    P
    Many

Nice one Mate, and i don't think your seeing things , i can see at least 2 coats...but i've had a few sherbets and wot not..Top looking lid Dan ,Good looks and a good price.
    Look forward to more pics, looks like it might have been stored in a stack looking at the paint loss, Very nice

Thanks Phill, Andy, Corey, Steve and everyone else. I suppose we have ALL seen the price of relic lids rising lately, so ones in this condition are becoming harder to locate. I find i amazing that people are selling ( and buying ) such corroded specimens as would have been discarded from a dig not too many years ago.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Bugger got in late here. Nice pickup Dan for a good price as well. Will be looking forward to the updated pics.

Your right, helmets that would have been thrown away years ago are selling more frequently. Decent relics are getting harder and pricier to get

Jason

Default Re: Semi-relic M35 DD for your viewing pleasure

The helmet I bought from Boriss in Estonia arrived today - here are some close-up shots of the decal remnants and the 3 colours - apple green and then the two coats of feldgrau. ( this lid saw some use )

The eagle appears to be on the 2nd coat but the tricolour is on the first original one, but actually I think whoever painted the second coat painted AROUND the eagle - what do you all think?

My camera macro is not as good as I'd like ...... or maybe it's just me?
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure   Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure  

Semi-relic M35 DD for your veiwing pleasure  

Nice buy!it may be my eye sight but is that an owners name you have there scratched above the lot number?

Nice lid! 2 years ago a relic lid in this condition could be had for around $100 or a little over, you are right when you say that even relic prices are rising.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nice buy!it may be my eye sight but is that an owners name you have there scratched above the lot number?
    Gadzooks - you are right! above and to the left is scratched H KOPPEL and then above the lot number there are additional scratches more unclear ... maybe his unit? Thanks for the eagle eye!
    Dan

very nice dan and a great price too what are your plans for this one ,maybe restore with period liner and chinstrap , great find james

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast