Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Should I get it?

Article about: Hi, it's me again. And I thought of getting this little helmet for my collection. Photo: it's pretty cool tell me what you think!

Default Re: Should I get it?

save, save and save again and then get the right one. In time it will mean more to you than a repo. There is no charecter or history in repo.

There is no rush!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Should I get it?
    P
    Many

Quote by col james View Post
    for 50 bucks might be able to pick up an "original "relic condition stahlhelm ,its a great way to start
    To add to the Colonel's advice, you buy a relic for 50-100 bucks, enjoy it for 6 months while you save a hundred or two hundred more. Then sell the relic for what you paid for it, add the 1-200 and the relic money and buy a civil fire police helmet. Enjoy that for another few months while you save more, then sell that and use all the money to buy a decent M42 no decal Heer helmet. It's like building a structure. Start at the corner stone and build the foundation, then move onto the first floor, etc, etc. You can get yourself a nice collection this way, or just use it as a way to study helmet and learn what to look for, and what you like, and then as you get older, get a job, etc, you can save more and buy helmets to keep them. This is just one way to do it, and simply a suggestion, but in your situation, it might work well.

PS: Read up on this info written by an extremely experience and knowledgeable helmet collector. Click the link below

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...helmet-248258/

Quote by col james View Post
    for 50 bucks might be able to pick up an "original "relic condition stahlhelm ,its a great way to start
    Well said!...

?

Please believe me, you will never ever have the same feeling about a repro lid as you will about a new one. Even what you might consider to be a rusty old relic will be a piece of history and will have been worn, will have seen much more than some fake helmet that just has the basic shape of a real one.

It will never fill you with a thrill like knowing you have a real helmet that was there at the time.

I know you're impatient to get a German helmet, we've all been there but spending what money you have wisely is so much more rewarding and in the long run will be better for you.

I know it's boring to hear and not what you want to hear but listen to these guys on the forum. They've all been there and have seen situations such as yours many, many times before. They know what they're talking about and I know they can be boring old helmet farts sometimes but they know their stuff!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Exclamation Re: Should I get it?

I'm not getting it. I'm getting a relic check it out! Photo: Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it?Should I get it? And only 15 pounds for it!

Quote by American1stDivision View Post
    Very very patient... Dude I've been looking for german helmets for 4 years now! I can't afford my money I only have 50 bucks currently (45 pounds) so there is no freakin' way I can afford one...
    Im selling a few of my relic german helmets if you are interested...

OK, learn what a vent hole and rivet shape SHOULD look like on a ww2 helmet and you will run screaming from this one.
    If you want, I can sell you an ORIGINAL RELIC for $50 ( trouble is, I am in Australia )

Cheers, Dan

JUst saw your new post - now THATS a lid worth getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by helmetone View Post
    OK, than you save, and save and save until you have enough. Spending money on junk will never get you what you want and you will never be happy. That helmet is pure junk. You want to be able to hold something in your hands that was there and is authentic, not being shippd out of China. Listen to the helmet folks here, much good advice to be had. Stick with it and be patient, a good helmet will come to you.
    I concur...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Guy's I don't get it. You're telling me to get a relic and now you're saying stupid things about it. I had to create a new account on ebay because my checkout was full just for this relic and what are you doing?

Absolutely agree with all that was said here. There's really no point in collecting recently made fake helmets, save your money for something worthwhile mate. I just saw the relic you are talking about, that one looks like a better investment for £15. If you are interested in collecting German helmets it will give you some experience in handling a real one compared to a Chinese fake.

I don't really understand your comment about ebay and the checkout though?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast