Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some look okay, others...

Article about: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...t&_sacat=36044 Some of the rusted ones look okay to me, but the other ones I'm a bit suspicious of. The shells look okay, perhaps not the paint. Wh

?

I'm pretty sure I owned the first one not too long ago. looks just like it (bottom Right)

I sold it on Ebay about a year ago.

If that is it, It is a nice little relic helmet. I would guess it was size 62 or even 60.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some look okay, others...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some look okay, others...
    P
    Many

?

Never mind, I checked the listing. Not the same helmet. Although they do look very similar.

?

All the rusty relics are fine , the others he is selling as "Original " when in reality the paint is that fresh you can probably smell it !! On the forum there are many examples of genuine relics with or without decals , all posted so they can be studied to learn what is good and what has been altered with paint and / or decals .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    All the rusty relics are fine , the others he is selling as "Original " when in reality the paint is that fresh you can probably smell it !! On the forum there are many examples of genuine relics with or without decals , all posted so they can be studied to learn what is good and what has been altered with paint and / or decals .
    My limit is $100, so authentic painted or decaled helmets are out of the question for me. I'm looking to buy a solid, but relic condition helmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2