Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS m35 SD SEMI RELIC HELMET.

Article about: Hi I recently picked up this helmet from a guy in Berlin who told me it was found in a cellar during a house clearance. The helmet is an m35 SD ET64 lot number 3842 as you can see it’s in se

Yes...the liner looks 1940 I think...pigskin leather odd to see in a 1940 but the split pins appear un -tampered with. So much "action" around whatever decal was applied...green overpaint, signs of liberating whatever was there. I can't decipher what happened here. It may have just been a no decal reissue for wartime use. Maybe a decal added post war then "aged" to appear original or a real SS that was buried & liberated. Just a guess
    D.
    Last edited by real steel; 12-08-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: liner issue

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS m35 SD SEMI RELIC HELMET.
    P
    Many

I can’t work this helmet out either the lot number is bang on for an ET SS produced helmet but the pigskin liner throws me off a bit but as you say looking at it there are no signs it’s been added later on and the split pins haven’t been touched closest I can get is a genuine SS helmet that’s probably a reissue with a liberated decal I no these are always a hard call and we will never no for sure. Many thanks for your help it’s much appreciated

Cheers john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2