Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS m42 relic helmet help!

Article about: Hello would need to check this helmet if it is genuine SS..grateful for all the help

?

Default SS m42 relic helmet help!

Hello
    would need to check this helmet if it is genuine SS..grateful for all the help
    SS m42 relic helmet help! SS m42 relic helmet help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS m42 relic helmet help!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

In this condition it is near impossible to tell. Nice that the digger at least provided a partial "in situ " photo.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Amko,

be very careful with these relic helmets as they are almost impossible to authenticate for certain. some of these relic hunters will slap an SS decal on there ND M42 find and then weather it to look the part to jack the price up.

Personally not one for me. The decal seems like it was placed over the pitting. please wait for other comments though.

Alex

?

thanks, any more opinions?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Alex5k View Post
    Hi Amko,

be very careful with these relic helmets as they are almost impossible to authenticate for certain. some of these relic hunters will slap an SS decal on there ND M42 find and then weather it to look the part to jack the price up.

Personally not one for me. The decal seems like it was placed over the pitting. please wait for other comments though.

Alex
    I'm looking at this from a cell so not very clear but I see a decal over rust bubbles. Not pitting. But will take a look later on my PC

Interesting why they removed the liner pins however

Still in this condition I wouldn't be able to confirm. Maybe others could
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

the helmet should be clearly washed after they found it, should be 100 percent original, but always good to double check, today there is a lot of fake, even on relics

?

have looked up the helmet and it turns out to be completely authentic, thank you for all the answers

i am with MAP, what happened to the liner? surely i was not removed prior to being buried.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    i am with MAP, what happened to the liner? surely i was not removed prior to being buried.
    I second that. Very weird why rip it completely out Steel band and everything if it is being dumped anyway.

raz
    ?

Just one question here -- Isn't that 2 different helmets ( the pic with diggers has the skirt edge rusted through and still has the band pins intact and other differences to me versus OP 's other pics ) ? OP seems happy with it so moot point I guess .