Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!

Article about: Hi Guys, Here is my latest Helmet, it was delivered yesterday so i would like to share it with you, for your opinons or comments. As you can see in the photo's ( Very nicely modelled, by &qu

Default Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!

Hi Guys,

Here is my latest Helmet, it was delivered yesterday so i would like to share it with you, for your opinons or comments.

As you can see in the photo's ( Very nicely modelled, by "Nigel" , my polystyrene mate!!) the liner is pretty much intact, apart from the leather, which lost the "battle of the rot" with the Normandy soil.

I have been reliably informed, that this little beauty was dug up somewhere between St Lo and Balleroy, i have seen another posting on this subject ( dug up by a digger ... mmm) Anyway thats its provenance!!
    In the rear is stamped 3139, but sadly no makers stamp to be seen, again this stamp lost the "Battle of the rot". Rust is
    my new nemisis!!
    If anyone out there has any info, on how to size this helmet, that would be super duper!! Feel free to comment .
    Cheers
    Gaz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!   Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!  

Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!   Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stahlhelm M42 Normandy relic !!!!

Hi i was lucky enough to buy one of the other helmets from this guy the provenance i think was ok untill i emailed him the other day asking if he could send this in writing and signing it.He became unhelpfull and said his mate in France got them from the digger driver so when he goes over again will see if his mate will write something and sign it.To be honest im not holding my breath!!!!! i would imagine after thought may of been found in an attic or cellar who knows.If they came from this area and were dug they all seem to be in not bad condition considering the said area was pummeled by very heavy allied artillery.

If these cost more than regular relic shells & No photos were available of the item being ground dug in that area then do not be tempted.
    Buy the item not the story (as so often said).

Saying that, if the relic was reasonable/cheap then its still a nice helmet relic Story or no story

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Hi i was lucky enough to buy one of the other helmets from this guy the provenance i think was ok untill i emailed him the other day asking if he could send this in writing and signing it.He became unhelpfull and said his mate in France got them from the digger driver so when he goes over again will see if his mate will write something and sign it.To be honest im not holding my breath!!!!! i would imagine after thought may of been found in an attic or cellar who knows.If they came from this area and were dug they all seem to be in not bad condition considering the said area was pummeled by very heavy allied artillery.
    Hi Mate, yeah the digger story did seem a little bit too good to be true, but i suppose wherever they've come from, at least they are genuine, at least we did'nt get ripped off!!
    Cheers
    Gaz

Gaz they are cracking i nearly bought that one from him before he put it on ebay.Too be honest wish i did now that is a solid cracker better than the pics he sent me the paint looks great mate well done!

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    If these cost more than regular relic shells & No photos were available of the item being ground dug in that area then do not be tempted.
    Buy the item not the story (as so often said).

Saying that, if the relic was reasonable/cheap then its still a nice helmet relic Story or no story
    Hi Mate,

Yeah fair comment about the item not the story, fortunetely twas fairly cheap ,and i have paid more in the past for what turned out to be out and out fakes!!
    Once bitten twice shy, but i still can't resist a bargain, sometimes i get it right.
    Cheers.
    Gaz

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Gaz they are cracking i nearly bought that one from him before he put it on ebay.Too be honest wish i did now that is a solid cracker better than the pics he sent me the paint looks great mate well done!
    Why thank you kindly sir,
    I've got another M42, which was another bargain, i will post it soon
    for your viewing pleasure, again your comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers
    Gaz