Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Target practice Helmet?

Article about: How long do you think the hair lasts in those helmets? It is amazing how these relic helmets are "time-capsules" containing personal items and even body fragments! Everytime I see

Default Re: Target practice Helmet?

My mate Dave just found small bone fragments and hair behind the liner on one of his helmets with a bullet hole in forehead area.... Nice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Target practice Helmet?
    P
    Many

Rick
    ?

I was enjoying my supper !!!

Sorry Rick... hahahaha

Heres one for ya cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Target practice Helmet?  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Target practice Helmet?  

I have a question regarding cracks in helmets. Maybe someone with some experience in digging and metallurgy can help. I have heard that helmets buried for 60+ years in regions that are frigid, will crack as they expand and contract with temperature differences. It sounds plausible, but is there any truth to this? I think of this every time I see a relic helmet with cracks...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hi Raymond,
    blimey it was sitting on the round when it went off by the looks of it,
    nice relic though. i collect relic helmets but they are mainly bullet holed, the only one i have is a U.S, M1 with mortar damage.
    Steven M, some cracks in the helmets are caused by the exreme
    cold in some winters, as the metal degrades over time it is weakend and with expansion and contraction this could happen.
    But not in all cases.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Steven M, some cracks in the helmets are caused by the exreme
    cold in some winters, as the metal degrades over time it is weakend and with expansion and contraction this could happen.
    But not in all cases.
    Dave.
    Thanks Dave.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast