Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Target practice Helmet?

Article about: How long do you think the hair lasts in those helmets? It is amazing how these relic helmets are "time-capsules" containing personal items and even body fragments! Everytime I see

Default Re: Target practice Helmet?

How long do you think the hair lasts in those helmets? It is amazing how these relic helmets are "time-capsules" containing personal items and even body fragments!

Everytime I see one of the helmets with body remains in them it really makes you think about the people who fought in the wars. It is so very important to remember the people in the wars and not to pay too much attention to the equipment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Target practice Helmet?
    P
    Many

Hi Lt Martin,
    Your question on how long hair will last in a helmet, if you consider
    that human hair can last a thousend years on a corps that has been buried. an undisturbed helmet will keep it,s contents for a
    life time. And it is only sixty or so years since the war, We as collectors are akin to archealogist, as we keep and protect our finds. But i think there isnt one of us who doesnt think from time to time about the men who used and died useing this this equipment.
    Dave.

I completely agree with your last sentence, I was just talking from personal experience.... I did not mean that any of you dont pay attention to the people who fought in the wars. We as collectors think more about the people in the wars than some other people who dont collect militaria from WWII.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3