Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two German Ardenne offensive helmet shells

Article about: Hey guys, offer for 85 euros including shipping was accepted on this lot of helmets and a gasmask cannister. All are supposedly from the Ardennes. I'm a bit shaky about that chickenwire helm

?

Default Two German Ardenne offensive helmet shells

Hey guys, offer for 85 euros excluding shipping was accepted on this lot of helmets and a gasmask cannister.
    All are supposedly from the Ardennes. I'm a bit shaky about that chickenwire helmet though, anyone have any insight on that? I'm not sure if you could identify a 'repro chickenwire' but thats why I'm on these forums, anyway.

Here are they!

-Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two German Ardenne offensive helmet shells
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would suspect the thin wire would have rusted off given the relic condition of the shell. Added in my opinion but close up pictures would confirm. But I think you have been sold a fake.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would suspect the thin wire would have rusted off given the relic condition of the shell. Added in my opinion but close up pictures would confirm. But I think you have been sold a fake.

Michael

Just sent him an email asking for some close-ups. I'll keep you updated.

MAP
    ?

Good move. But as with any opinion, it's just mine. There is always safety in numbers so let's see what others say as well.

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael
    I agree with you buddy.

?

Got a lot of pictures here. Go ahead and look.

Two German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shellsTwo German Ardenne offensive helmet shells

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael
    Oh and I haven't transacted the payment yet. My bid was accepted. But I've not yet sent him the money.

MAP
    ?

Good because for me, the wire is bad. The heavy pitting of the thick steel of the helmet does not match the wear of the thin wire. There are others here however who can also look at the twist of the wire to confirm if it is correct

M38
    ?

General consensus amongst most collectors is that double twist wire like this is American wire, not European. Also just doesn't look as old as the rest of the helmet. Not original WWII applied wire in my opinion..

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Thanks Terry. Would be good to see the US double twist side by side with the European style. I need to see to learn LoL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast