Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

two more helmets from Kurland pocket-

Article about: hello guy,s again.Here i wish to show you two more helmets -just few day,s ago find in Kurland pocket.After some cleaning -wich i hope is OK as i did my best-There is some result...... 1)M42

Default two more helmets from Kurland pocket-

hello guy,s again.Here i wish to show you two more helmets -just few day,s ago find in Kurland pocket.After some cleaning -wich i hope is OK as i did my best-There is some result......
    1)M42 still with lot of collor on it.Part of liner rim still inside..(rest felt out after i pick it up).Hole in middle of helmet is made by some huge splitter or bigger caliber bulet-from inside out.Cracks on left side could be made from the same hit-wich deformed structure of helmet.
    2)Also M42.Lot of small collor spots all around,but hardly damaged.Found in fox hole-probably thrown in after cleaning up battlefield.For sure kind of this damage to helmet makes me wonder about quite close soviet KATJUSHA rocket explosion.If there was one pure head in helmet at the moment of explosion-there was no eny chanse to stay allive.As you can see from that hit even one riwet left it,s position untill midle way out.
    Both helmets are still strong and heavy.Hope you guy,s like them as much as i do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two more helmets from Kurland pocket-   two more helmets from Kurland pocket-  

two more helmets from Kurland pocket-   two more helmets from Kurland pocket-  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two more helmets from Kurland pocket-
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: two more helmets from Kurland pocket-

Well done. Nice 42's friend

Regards from the Dane in Russia

Thankyou Dane

?

Thanks for sharing your finds mate

Regards, Lars

Great looking lids Ostland..unreal how the rivet as you pointed out on the 2nd one has "popped out" from explosive impact, very interesting helmet and the first with the internal exit hole makes you think... must be a buzz to find them yourself!! thanks for showing them

Cheers Phill.

Very cool! Wish I could dig with you and find these lids.

Nice finds Maris, do you have any photos of the dig?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "