Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Two new relic helmets.

Article about: Hi everyone, Attached are a few helmets that I purchased on eBay. The first is an M42 which still retains quite a bit of dark green paint and the liner band. It appears to be a size 64. Can

Default Two new relic helmets.

Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.

Hi everyone,

Attached are a few helmets that I purchased on eBay. The first is an M42 which still retains quite a bit of dark green paint and the liner band. It appears to be a size 64. Can only make out a 234 for the batch number. The factory code on this one looks
    like a bkl65 but could be pkl64 or ckl64.It was allegedly found near Liepaja City - Coastal Artillery positions (but of course who knows). Inside you can just make out the very aint remains of the former owners name in white paint. Seems like it has been covered in some sort of lacquer on the inside.

The second helmet is a smaller (can't see the size) M40 which shows what I think is the remains of some apple green paint which appears to have then been over painted with some snow camo. Not sure if somone has gone digging for decals on the left handside or there was a decal there that was previously removed. According to the seller the helmet was located in the Smolenskiy region, Dorogobuzh district, not far from the village of Berezovka.

Would love to hear your thoughts on these helmets. I now have four relic helmets and intend to aim for more complete but salty helmets but have to admit I'm staring to get addicted to these old character filled helmets.

p.s. apologies for the photo's being a bit out of order.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two new relic helmets.
    P
    Many

Nice lids. Could you make a few photos of the M40 in the daylight?

The M40 looks the more promising as regard condition, but a named lid is always interesting, maybe a chance to research if the owner was a casualty.

MAP
    ?

Two nice relics.

The color is off on the photos...do I see winter white wash on the 40?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice Andrew. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Leonardo. I will try to get some more pics of the M40 later today.

- - ------- - -

Not really enough lettering there to investigate I'm afraid Blackcat.

Thanks Map. Yes, it was sold as a camo and looks pretty good considering that lack of paint. Most fakers that I've seen tend to drown the helmets in white paint. I believe it's paint as it does not appear to be lifting and when I applied a light coat of Renaissance wax the paint never budged.

- - ------- - -

Thank you Garth. They do have a lot of character.

Default More snow camo pics.

Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.Two new relic helmets.

Leonardo, here are some additional pics of my snow camo from the original ebay ad as I have not been at home today and was unable to get some outisde shots. Hope they suffice.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Sure they do, thanks! Looks like you have a nice honest snow camo.

The standard light bulb oversaturates the colour. When taking photos inside best to use a LED or the power saving bulbs.

Thanks for the advice LeonardoL