Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very impressive Restauration

Article about: This is a very impressive restauration of an SS Helmet, one of the best i ever saw... I cant really believe he got such a niece piece out of that rusty helmet. YouTube Might be sattisfying t

Default Very impressive Restauration

This is a very impressive restauration of an SS Helmet, one of the best i ever saw...
    I cant really believe he got such a niece piece out of that rusty helmet.
    YouTube
    Might be sattisfying to watch while we are all at home anyways, because of Covid-19.

Regards,
    Adravor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very impressive Restauration
    P
    Many

That should frighten the hell out of a new collector or a person like me who does not know enough.
    John

I have to agree that’s definitely one of the best restorations I’ve seen I a while.

Great job! If only I lived close enough to dig my own.
    Andy

Was pretty Good! off subject but this one led me to this nice vid

YouTube

Speaking of restorations...

I bought bought an completly uncleaned Relic M42 today, that was found last sunday together with more then 20 other helmets on an old Kriegsmarine storage place, where also an prisoner camp for germans by the americans was, with pictures of the dig and the exact location where it was found... might try my first restoration project on that helmet, maybe i will even find an Kriegsmarine Decal (One can dream). I will definitly show it to you once it arrives, and if i restore it!

Also nice Panther Vid rene!

Careful This fella didn't explain what he was doing! shame that!...

Yeah, i will definitly inform myself as good as i can before restoring anything, i´ll first clean it with water and a brush and then decide if i take any further measures!

I personally think he did a little too much, I wouldn't have used the sanding thing on the power drill for example, in some of the shots, you can see shiny metal which IMO is not something I like to see on relics, the rest looked pretty decent, though the amount of oxalic he used in that solution also looked a bit over the top, a little more would've done the trick and not resulted in this yellow stuff.
    But that's just me and how I clean my stuff.
    The rest was pretty decent though.
    But the helmet will only be preserved for some time, it will start to rust again, because not all the humitity has been removed from the helmet, it's now just trapped in there under the wax.
    A method I am looking to trying out is boiling it in wax until all the water is replaced by wax, I'll try that first on some older relics like a forged axe head though.
    Luis

Great restauration
    For your restauration dont use kit
    If you use this with no experience your helmet look like a piece of crap
    That is the reason because I derestore my bought M40 DD Fieldpolice
    I wish you the best for your restoration
    BR and keep calm and safe
    Bavarian