Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what do you guys think? i want to buy

Article about: that is a M40 and that is M42

?

Default what do you guys think? i want to buy

that is a M40 what do you guys think? i want to buywhat do you guys think? i want to buywhat do you guys think? i want to buy
    and that is M42 what do you guys think? i want to buy what do you guys think? i want to buy what do you guys think? i want to buy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what do you guys think? i want to buy
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: what do you guys think? i want to buy

Some nice relic lids. I'll bet they are advertised as being battle damaged? The first might be ,do to the hole at the rear, but the fractures on both are typical of being in the earth for a long time during drastic weather changes. For instance, in the winter the ground freezes and melts in the spring, this causes the metal to constantly expand and contract over time and this is what happens. But a lot of people call this battle damage from a concussion blast . Not to say that never happened but most of the time it's just from ice. Sorry for the long winded explanation but I just wanted to make that clear, and sorry if you already know, maybe others don't . Either way, if you like relics ( I have a small relic display myself) these should be nice.
    Dean.

Dean is right about all that and they are relic helments, I think on this forum there is a relic section. There is a lot of people that collect relics of them. Thanks for showing them timothy

What I think, is that the guys who wore these lids did not enjoy a long and comfortable retirement....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Friends this helmet was found on the battlefield of Kurland...

?

I'm not surprised . Many helmets have been found there. I have one found by a member in kurland. If you're wondering if these are original, then yes they are. From Kurland? I can't verify this but I wouldn't be surprised.

?

It is a decent relic lid most of these helmets come from Kurland but who is able to prove it

Or Latvia or the Ukraine, or even Russia itself Stalingrad etc lots of digs there. All kinds of relics come from that area. Larry Stewart brought some back or bought some from the Ukraine area I have a m-35 not in all that bad condition for a relic I will post it one day. timothy