Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Who can tell me about this helmet Re-used in Finland - Finnish winterwar 1939

Article about: I have this helmet for some time. It should be a Finnish worn M16 or M17 ET66 German WW1 helmet by the Company of Death. It should have been used again the Russians in the Winterwar in 1939.

Default Who can tell me about this helmet Re-used in Finland - Finnish winterwar 1939

I have this helmet for some time. It should be a Finnish worn M16 or M17 ET66 German WW1 helmet by the Company of Death. It should have been used again the Russians in the Winterwar in 1939. Maybe there are some members who have some more info about this helmet.

Thx

The chinstrap is a replica.

Thx guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who can tell me about this helmet Re-used in Finland - Finnish winterwar 1939
    P
    Many

Here is a colour or colourised version of the same image. Personally, too much white paint over a rusted surface while no other paint present but wait for others to chime in.

MAP
    ?

Very difficult to tell. I think you will get a wide range of views with most people being cautious.

Definitely something to look at in hand.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RMD
    ?

Reminds of something the Freikorps would have worn

Thx for your reactions. I cleaned it little and got it in a solid state because it was falling apart. Some part are touched up. So it is in minimal restored state.

It used to be like this.

Thx for your reactions. I cleaned it little and got it in a solid state because it was falling apart. Some parts are touched up. So it is in minimal restored state.

It used to be like this.

My initial reaction to the original photographs was that it is a fake, but upon seeing the photographs of how it was before you 'restored' it, I am not so sure. Its one of those that needs 'in-hand' close examination.