Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Winter m40 helmet

Article about: Hi guys im gonna buy this helmet what do you think?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would say the tan is just aged White But I don't think it matters in this case.
    I think you are right Michael, not tan, just poor white tarnish. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter m40 helmet
    P
    Many

More photos needed of the damaged areas and interior too as I'm cautiously optimistic. If the photos check out and the price is right it could be worth a gamble.

My vote would be a ground dug that has been cleaned up. I think we can be fairly harsh and dis any "scrubbed helmet" but a full clean is what is necessary with an excavated item if you want to preserve it. It looks like the rivets have been removed / replaced too which is often needed as they corrode or are missing. I would bet there is only a liner band and no leather left ( interesting to see ) .Agree with Glenn, as a relic guy it would interest me...
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    My vote would be a ground dug that has been cleaned up. I think we can be fairly harsh and dis any "scrubbed helmet" but a full clean is what is necessary with an excavated item if you want to preserve it. It looks like the rivets have been removed / replaced too which is often needed as they corrode or are missing. I would bet there is only a liner band and no leather left ( interesting to see ) .Agree with Glenn, as a relic guy it would interest me...
    Cheers, Dan
    Not being much into relics, only having two untouched examples (one being a winter relic btw ), we do tend to throw the "scrubbed" term around. But I think you made a good point. Sometimes these do need to be scrubbed to preserve, but it is also fair to say that sometimes scrubbing is used to cover up fakes.

And as Glenn and I noted, nice hi quality pictures of the entry/exit areas will help as well.

This is my untouched and unscrubbed winter camo relic....

Winter Camo M40 Relic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

so my friends
    should i go for it? or just let it pass......

thanks!!

MAP
    ?

For me, I would want to see it in hand. But I think the general consensus is that from what we can see it stands a fair chance.

I'm in no position to spend other peoples money so can't tell you either way. Especially on a camo helmet given the subjectivity, especially with only looking at photos.

Is the price good? Is there an inspection period with a guarantee?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Still no photos of the damaged areas or mention of the price. That would be the deciding factors for me.

Not that it helps but here is my relic snow camo (I just like showing it off )

Winter m40 helmet

Winter m40 helmet

Winter m40 helmet

Here is a ground dug luftwaffe M35 white wash cammo that I have had for some time. You can see the eagle under the white wash. It is noticeable how there is some yellowing with the white wash.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Winter m40 helmet  

Techo, personally I wouldn't buy it... looks too much cleaned up for my taste.
    I think there are better winter camo relics out there for reasonable prices, just my 2 cents...

Since we're showing off here's my muddy helmet the eagle took off though...

Winter m40 helmet
    Winter m40 helmet

?

for further reference - my winter camo relics (almost a semi-relic) - which were eventually have been "approved" here in this forum (the only place where I trust people).

my 2 cents: looks too clean - wait for a better one...

Winter m40 helmetWinter m40 helmet

cheers,
    Fabe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast