Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wire camo relic display

Article about: Another relic display that I've put together, this time a wire camo relic that I picked up late last year. No other history on this one other than that it was picked up at a flea-market in C

Default Wire camo relic display

Another relic display that I've put together, this time a wire camo relic that I picked up late last year. No other history on this one other than that it was picked up at a flea-market in Clermont-Ferrand, France --- which is about 200 km east of the infamous city of Oradour-sur-Glane. Of course, as can be seen, there's no telling what branch this one belonged to so one can only speculate.

Either way, I had been looking for one for a while and was pleasantly surprised when this one popped up. Seems it was never cleaned in any way, simply sprayed/treated with some kind of fixative almost right out of the ground --- makes it get a kind of mud camo look added to the wire, although I don't think that's what it actually is. Nice to see the wire all intact, love the way it's curled over the brim... seems at least the "basket" is some sort of copper wire --- a nasty shrapnel hit to the lower rear skirt but no exit hole... who knows what happened all those years ago...

Also in the display are a couple of skull rings, one from Demjansk and the other from Karelia, a SS Verfugungstruppe tag from Kiestinki, relic SS belt and buckle from Hiemetsaa in Estonia -- and a solid back black wound badge.

Hope you like it!

Wire camo relic display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wire camo relic display
    P
    Many

Looks intriguing .........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

wicked cool!!! Thanks for showing.

I like that they sprayed it with something. Gives it a great look instead of it all falling apart

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A beautiful relic displayed nicely, well done!

Nicely displayed too!

IKEA strip lighting in a DETOLF cabinet?

Appreciate the positive comments guys! And, Glenn --- yes, it's all IKEA... except for the stand and items on display of course Double Dioder led strips (w. controllable color spectrum) and Detolf cabinet

?

Very nice display I wonder what they sprayed it with??
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Thanks! I have no idea, to tell you the truth. It's all solid to the shell and when looking at it under magnification I could see this fixative material twinkling all over--- being treated without cleaning is perhaps not what I would have done but it makes for a very "live" relic effect!

Does anyone have any good photos of wire camos in wear during combat/in the field btw?

it looks terrific.