Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 german leather liner

Article about: I recently bought a ww2 german leather liner off eBay. The leather is black and I have not been able to find many black leather liner bands on line. If it helps it was dug up in Latvia. If a

Default ww2 german leather liner

I recently bought a ww2 german leather liner off eBay. The leather is black and I have not been able to find many black leather liner bands on line.

If it helps it was dug up in Latvia. If any one knows anything about black leather liner bands please reply, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german leather liner   ww2 german leather liner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 german leather liner
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww2 german leather liner

All German helmet liners are the pig skin colour , there were no Black liners. But it was supposedly dug up so there could just be discoloration due to the dirt. The last option could be it is a Norwegian post war line that someone has beat up and changed the colour (would not be the first time i have seen that) .

Morris

Toned from decay would be my guess?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

If authentic AND ground dug, the black color is caused by being beat up/ chewed up/ exposed to the harsh elements.

Liners should be a light tan color when mint. Use and exposure to sweat, hot and cold, mud, blood, etc. etc. will darken the color.

The German helmet liner.

ww2 german leather liner

It not a Norwegian one now that i have looked, most likely a very beat up liner.
    Morris

Do you guys think its an ok liner band for a helmet restoration. I got it for what I think was a good price (35.00)

My first impression is that it was from a grave dig- a liner from a battlefield casualty that was dug up.....blood will turn a liner black.....Does it have a scent? Although, even if it doesn't, it still could be excavated-just cleaned properly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes it does have a odd scent do you know what it would smell like if it was a grave dig?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Do you guys think its an ok liner band for a helmet restoration. I got it for what I think was a good price (35.00)
    What do you mean restoration? If you're looking to complete a rusted out relic helmet, sure.

Any helmet in better condition would look wrong with this liner in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast