Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.

Article about: War Relics Community, Hi War Relics Community. I just joined the site today because I have a question regarding the authenticity of a supposed WW2 German helmet. The seller says the helmet b

Default WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.

War Relics Community,

Hi War Relics Community. I just joined the site today because I have a question regarding the authenticity of a supposed WW2 German helmet. The seller says the helmet below is a very old original condition WW2 German Luftwaffe helmet. I was wondering if you guys could help me determine if the helmet is real or a fake. Thank you, BroncoDenver99 P.S. The helmet will be coming from Estonia.

WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Bronco.

I see nothing wrong with the helmet. Looks like an honest M42 relic that might have some battle damage.

Did the seller say that the goggles were found with it. Not unheard of to wear goggles on a helmet but .... I'm a bit skeptical The heavy corrosion on the does not match the goggles and would have expected the cloth to have decayed along with the liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The seller didn't say.

Maybe the cloth band on the goggles is an authentic replacement? Would this detract from the value? Also do you think $150 is a fair price for the helmet? Thank you!

MAP
    ?

We can only guess....

As far as price, we are not an appraisal site. I only have 2 relics and have had them for a long time so am not up on current market prices.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum, the helmet is certainly a genuine M42 relic and while the goggles are also original I suspect they have been added to the helmet as the material element would certainly not be in that condition compared to the state of the shell. Leon.

Do you think there is a chance that the strap was replaced? Also is $150 a fair price? Thank you.

Quote by BroncoDenver99 View Post
    Do you think there is a chance that the strap was replaced? Also is $150 a fair price? Thank you.
    Quite possible, the goggles may have been recovered with it and the strap added to hold them in place. As for value, it's worth what you are happy to pay, but it seems fair to me. Leon.

Now as some members may know I quite like my relics...
    WW2 period German helmet from Estonia? Need help determining authenticity please.
    As mentioned above, the site is not a free appraisal service but I do like to help new members if possible. IMHO, the goggles have nothing to do with the helmet, the helmet is in a pitifully poor state of condition and if it were me, I would tell the seller to keep his goggles and offer him $100.

There are many relic lids out there so this one doesn't need rushing into. A little patience should pay off here, especially if this is your first foray into helmet collecting. My first relic lid was a DD M35, was rusty, small holes in places but not an almost wreck like this M42. If you love this helmet then go for it, but for me...$100.

?

I can only concur with everyones comments re the lid and the goggles which have not spent the last 70 years underground with that helmet . As for value i would ask that you have a look in our classified section where i have two relic helmets from Estonia for sale , both in far superior condition to the one you show .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast