Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Relic German Helmets

Article about: Hello everyone, I've been doing alot of thinking and came up with the idea of buying a few relic helmets so that I could do some hands on learning, such as their weight or size. Anyways I wa

Wink WW2 Relic German Helmets

Hello everyone,
    I've been doing alot of thinking and came up with the idea of buying a few relic helmets so that I could do some hands on learning, such as their weight or size. Anyways I was wondering if any of you experts knew a website that had relic helmets for a cheap price other than ebay. If you guys could lead me to a website with relic helmets website id greatly appreciate it. And when I do get a relic helmet, then can you guys inform me on how to properly clean the helmet and the materials I will need? Thank you guys for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Relic German Helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 Relic German Helmets

im tagging along with this thread as i bought my first yesterday and cant get enough XD! I'm hooked!!!

all the best,
    Stefan

I personally find a type of beauty in these types of helmets, they have a" been there done that" look to them!

Quote by General Patton View Post
    I personally find a type of beauty in these types of helmets, they have a" been there done that" look to them!
    What they mostly have is a "been in the ground" look. Don't forget the thousands of helmets brought back by US veterans as souvenirs. These are also WW2 relics.
    I find the word being misused here a lot. (myself including)

Personally before you spend hard earned cash on several ground dug helmets perhaps it would be wiser to buy one non ground dug helmet. Which you can study top to bottom. Paint , leather , decal , markings etc... That's how soldiers wore them and it seems to get overlooked here.

Here's a souvenir helmet picked up by a US B17 bomber pilot besides an airstrip in Germany, just surfaced a few months ago.

That's a VERY nice helmet! I am not planning on spending too much money on them, maybe just one or two to be the first in my collection. Do you happen to know any good sites?

Hey General Patton,
    Can't blame you for doing so!
    It is easyer to upgrade a collection then having to deal with fakes.
    Be aware that there is a lot of faked items as well in ground dugs.
    But then again if screwed the dammage is less!
    I started collecting again after nearly 30 years and I am very glad and proud of my bunch of old rust.
    Same motivation as yours stared me doing so, and as I have a lot of intrests , it leaves me the possibilty to buy other things as well.
    About you request, try to google translations of "war relic", "ground dug" or what ever other word related to it and you will get a lot of choice.
    BTW ebay is a good place to look for them as well, 75% of my collection was found on eBay.An other particularity of eBay is that it offers some kind of inssurance in case of fraude.
    Happy hunting.
    PS did you check our "for sale" section?
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ebay can be OK if it's only a rusty shell you're looking for. Ebay gets decidedly dodgy when SS decals, camo and wire mesh enters the equation. Still, unless you are sure of what you are looking at, don't be afraid to ask for advice on the forum.

Speaking of camo and wire I remenber a guy on a Dutch forum I am on , selling one.
    It could be you need to be a member to see or to buy it...
    Oorlogsvondsten.nl // Alles omtrent bodemvondsten, m.n. WO2-militaria! - Inloggen
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What they mostly have is a "been in the ground" look. Don't forget the thousands of helmets brought back by US veterans as souvenirs. These are also WW2 relics.
    I find the word being misused here a lot. (myself including)

Personally before you spend hard earned cash on several ground dug helmets perhaps it would be wiser to buy one non ground dug helmet. Which you can study top to bottom. Paint , leather , decal , markings etc... That's how soldiers wore them and it seems to get overlooked here.

Here's a souvenir helmet picked up by a US B17 bomber pilot besides an airstrip in Germany, just surfaced a few months ago.

That is a great piece of history !! I collect both good condition helmets and relics and Frank is correct to really learn about helmets buy a good condition one as well that is the best starting point if you want to try and study them and buy some good books as well !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    That is a great piece of history !! I collect both good condition helmets and relics and Frank is correct to really learn about helmets buy a good condition one as well that is the best starting point if you want to try and study them and buy some good books as well !!

regards

Paul
    Thanks Paul , vet bringbacks with some form of documentation are really hard to come by. This helmet was brough back by Captain Eugene Lebailly who would after the war fight in Korea and eventually would become a General. His son sold this helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast