Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wwi treasue chest in the woods!

Article about: My god, I would light up one of those cigars on the spot. If that isn't a cigar moment then what is...

Default Wwi treasue chest in the woods!

I hope I'm the first one to post these photos; I don’t want to repeat thread, if I did my apologies. Anyway, if you like collecting WWI and WWII items this is a dream come true! I still can’t get over how lucky those guys are!!!
    PS. It was from international website, French if I’m not mistaken and here is the text that was attached to photos:

“Voici une découverte qui va en ravir plus d'un car il s'agit sans doute d'une des plus belles fouilles réalisées ces dernières années, et devinez où cela se passe? En lorraine et oui !!! Nous sommes dans la région de Metz et qu'elle ne fut pas la surprise de Mathieu lorsqu'il donna ses premiers coups de pelle dans cette sorte de "lavoir" en béton.
    Après deux jours pour déblayer la totalité de cette structure, le résultat est accablant tant par la diversité du matériel sorti que par la qualité de ce dernier. En effet, outre le petit équipement tel les gamelles, gourdes et masques à gaz, on retrouve plus de 50 casques allemands qui pour la plupart sont camouflés et complets !!! Etat de conservation sans doute du au milieu humide dans lequel se trouvait la totalité du matériel découvert.
    Par ailleurs, ce qui fait l'originalité de cette découverte, outre la quantité de casques trouvés, est que ces derniers ont dans leur quasi-totalité un camouflage différent, 2 d'entre eux sont d'ailleurs des peu courants modèles 1918 à échancrures; d'autres casques ont quant à eux des inscriptions inconnues tel un K ou encore une cloche ?
    Je vous laisse vous plonger dans cette journée de fouille mémorable à travers diverses photos prises sur le terrain et par la suite, lors du nettoyage”

Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!Wwi treasue chest in the woods!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wwi treasue chest in the woods!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wwi treasue chest in the woods!

Sorry Johny this has been done to death I'm afraid
    Ben

Sorry about that, hopefully moderators can remove it....

I have seen this many times before, but still- that's pretty damn amazing.

There was a very attractive M18 cut-out camo found in this lot, if I recall correctly.

As said, old pics but very very cool. Imagine finding all those camo lids.

Here is a real Treasure chest, but i am sure you have all seen these two as well.. in any case, for those that have not...
    Parental advisory.... images of mummies included
    ►VIDEO 1
    ►VIDEO 2

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    As said, old pics but very very cool. Imagine finding all those camo lids.
    I would go nuts...... I would try to carry all of them at once so nobody would be able to steal them LOL. Ather that I don't know...... I get super exited over a belt buckle; I cant imagine how would I behave after discovery like this !!!!

?

Seen it before but really enjoy seeing again.

That chest was fantastic, never seen that one before, what a find!
    Ben

?

Could someone link to the original thread on the subject for those who havent seen it, please?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Here is a real Treasure chest, but i am sure you have all seen these two as well.. in any case, for those that have not...
    Parental advisory.... images of mummies included
    ►VIDEO 1
    ►VIDEO 2
    Those I had seen, but still fascinating each and every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast