Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!

Article about: iDan, i saw this one on Ebay and i'm not convinced of the ''period '' camo...but the shell is nice !!

Default Re: Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!

I think this thread should be closed, I cannot foresee a positive outcome, just more animosity, more arguing, its not good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!
    P
    Many

?

Frundsberg if I had a nickel for every humped up fake relic I've seen I wouldn't have to work for a living. Someone sexed this one up to draw attention to anotherwise shattered piece of steel inorder to make it worth more. Note the title to the thread?

The reasoning that it cannot be faked because it takes too much time is incorrect. One can churn a few of these out in an afternoon, distribute them over a couple weeks via several channels and make several hundred euros. This is a remedial fake paint job with aging and tool marking that is almost childlike.

I can post a fake camo that will fool quite a few made by a gentleman named Ruffin. His sell for only $300 ($225E) and puts this to shame. $300 for a replica near perfect camo. I have no clue what Dan paid but it is irrelevant like I said earlier. Fake paint is fake paint.

Doug

Let him buy it, like he states, " Put your money where your mouth is " If hes happy with, C'est la vie

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I think this thread should be closed, I cannot foresee a positive outcome, just more animosity, more arguing, its not good
    If people want to stick to the item and discuss it like gentlemen, there's no reason for the thread to break down. Please stick to the item versus theories of time vs money, fake camo as art, challenges of making a fake oneself, and all will be good.

Welcome to the wonderful world of camo helmets....no forum on helmets is immune from these discussions. It's time people grew up and acted as adults for a change rather than moderators closing threads. If we stick to the item and use our experience, vs defensive behavior there is simply no need to close threads and warn members of conduct.

I don’t think Dan was being that aggressive to be honest, he’s not a bad guy for an Aussie !! haha I will leave my modest contribution at that !

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet ANOTHER winter cammo!!!!!  

It never fails to amaze me as to how much time and energy is put in to discussing a piece of junk. Our Forum has some of the world's most recognized experts in various fields. Yet, people at times want to dispute the valid opinions of recognized authorities. The color and texture of the paint alone is enough to determine that this is something for the scrap heap. To each his own but those who come here to learn should not be misinformed by poorly informed egos.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I don’t think Dan was being that aggressive to be honest, he’s not a bad guy for an Aussie !! haha I will leave my modest contribution at that !
    I didn't think he was aggressive either, defensive yes and sadly that's when things break down. In any case I've nothing against Dan or anyone else, but I will keep us on the item and not sidetracked by what ifs, maybes and other irrelevant discussion.

Dan your welcome to post anytime on anything. It's just a matter of staying on topic without the defensive posturing.

Call it "Tough love". I've been on the other end myself, years ago in denial and defensive over something I thought was real. Good collectors kicked me in the arse and its the best thing ever as it forces you and reminds you to be critical of your purchases and ensure your doing your homework.

Guys, It's how we all learn -- the better we get the better we make the hobby by eradicating it of the scum that prey on those that wish things were real vs know what's real.

On that note I'm shutting her down. Cheerio.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5