Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battle damaged DD FJ ET71 w/ 57 liner

Article about: Here is a Battle damaged Fallschirmjager with an undersized liner that I believe was definitely a wartime replacement. The shell has concussion cracks on the dome and the straps are "de

Default Re: Battle damaged DD FJ ET71 w/ 57 liner

100% original,just great looking helmet so lucky .I will have one some day.
    It looks great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damaged DD FJ ET71 w/ 57 liner
    P
    Many

At long last im looking at a genuine battle used fj helmet ,instead of the repros trying to pretend they are genuine.its a lovely helmet,lv

?

Jim, fantastic helmet! That concussion crack lends itself to the condition yet on display I imagine it is hardly noticable on the shelf. To have a bonafide DD FJ is a score and this battledamaged one is one of the best battle damaged helmets I have ever seen, thanks for sharing it Jim!

?

Can I ask what you mean by "death cut". I think I know but confirm it for me. Also I was just reading the other thread on the 'haunted' Fallchirmjager helmet by coincidence.

Quote by noelh View Post
    Can I ask what you mean by "death cut". I think I know but confirm it for me. Also I was just reading the other thread on the 'haunted' Fallchirmjager helmet by coincidence.
    Hi Noel. 'death cut' or 'corpse cut' just means that the straps were cut in order to remove the helmet from the dead soldier. As you can imagine, not many people would like to unbuckle the strap from under the chin of a corpse, so they just cut them with a knife or bayonet.

?

Thanks, thought as much. Hope it's not haunted!!!

Yes, it looks like he get a headache from it, but i would say he survived it, as it does not look crushed in at all, just cracked.

Nice helmet.

Brian

Quote by noelh View Post
    Thanks, thought as much. Hope it's not haunted!!!
    Thanks alot! I hadn't thought of that! Only kidding, I usually do not collect battle damaged pieces, but occasionally I come across one that really has that been there look and sometimes it is clear from the condition of the piece that the wearer didn't make it. It just reinforces in my mind the horror of war, an makes me appreciate what my Uncle went through in his 3 months of combat in Normandy and Brittany as a BAR man in the 2nd ID. Jim G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2