Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle damaged Normandie Fallschirmjager helmet.

Article about: A friend of mine in Normandie took me to see a life long friend of his who had this helmet. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. It took a year but it finally came my way, it was not

Default Battle damaged Normandie Fallschirmjager helmet.

A friend of mine in Normandie took me to see a life long friend of his who had this helmet. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. It took a year but it finally came my way, it was not a question of money, it was just down to the fact that the chap did not want to really part with it. It's now one of my most favourite fallschirmjager helmets in the collection. as yet i have not even tried to look up the original owner who's name is painted in the helmet. It's damaged for sure but i just wish it could speak because it would be one hell of a story. Hope you like it.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle damaged Normandie Fallschirmjager helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damaged Normandie Fallschirmjager helmet.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Battle damaged Normandie Fallschirmjager helmet.

very nice helmet ,you must have some good contacts in Normandy,would I be correct in guessing Carentan area?

Im not much of luft'y fan, but this one i like alot. Hope you trace it and tell us what happen to the guy

Let's just say my contacts are good. The area spreads north, south, east and west in Normandie. I have spent ages going around the area looking all over for kit. But I have to say that even there good kit is getting thin on the ground.
    D

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    A friend of mine in Normandie took me to see a life long friend of his who had this helmet. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. It took a year but it finally came my way, it was not a question of money, it was just down to the fact that the chap did not want to really part with it. It's now one of my most favourite fallschirmjager helmets in the collection. as yet i have not even tried to look up the original owner who's name is painted in the helmet. It's damaged for sure but i just wish it could speak because it would be one hell of a story. Hope you like it.
    D.
    The pictures of your collection are incredibly fascinating indeed. The stories you tell about every exhibit as well as about Your Way to collect all them together are truly thrilling. Have you had ever considered to write a book? The kind of how you write is full of emotion. All your knowledge about the history and about all these people to whom these items once belonged ... is it now not the right time to give all your knowledge further for the newcomer collectors, and in remembrance of the fallen soldiers.

I am sure, if you decide to write, then it will be an unbelievable breathtaking historical book. Do take your time for the future.

Gary

Hi Gary,
    I am I guess going to do a book one day soon, but i just don't think I can do the writing...thats the bit which is putting me off. I have the kit which would be of interest but the written word is not a strong point of mine. That's why when I make posts/threads here I let the kit do the talking more than me.
    Thanks for the kind words they are much appreciated.
    D.

Nice helmet, must have been a hell of a headache, if there was a head after that blow!

very nice helmet thanks for sharing it you seriusly have a good collection
    if you ever want to donate anything to charity just pm me

tom

I know some collectors would prefer to have a really super helmet rather than something like this one. But a mint example is just that...mint, there is no wonder, intrigue. Helmets like this one are full of fascination as to how when where it turned into what it now is. There is a story with this helmet, not knowing it will always provoke questions to which the answers will always be unknown.
    D.

It's fake.
    Just kidding :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast