Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Battle damaged paratrooper helmet

Article about: Here is not much of a paratrooper but it is the only one I have left after all the years. I got it from a dealer in Texas in 1979 It had been repainted so many times a collector friend and I

Default Battle damaged paratrooper helmet

Here is not much of a paratrooper but it is the only one I have left after all the years. I got it from a dealer in Texas in 1979 It had been repainted so many times a collector friend and I stripped it and little or no paint was left there may be reminets of decal It is large marked ET71 and low lot no of 941 George Petersen of National Capital sales at the time I got the helmet found me a liner repo of course from Germany and installed it George always liked the helmet due to the strike of a splinter in the back. But as Para go in these days one is better than none. I remember trading original complete ones in the mid 70 at Gun Shows for K98;s and G43 the paratrooper was a lot less than G-43 in those days only worth $200.00 to $250.00. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle damaged paratrooper helmet   Battle damaged paratrooper helmet  

Battle damaged paratrooper helmet   Battle damaged paratrooper helmet  

Battle damaged paratrooper helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damaged paratrooper helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Battle damaged paratrooper helmet

I was trying to say two hundred to two hundred and fifty in those days this repo liner cost more than the helmet shell at that time. sorry didn't come out above. timothy

?

Default Re: Battle damaged paratrooper helmet

A nice helmet I would have left it without a liner because that was the way it was the liner probably deteriorated assuming that the soldier was wearing the helmet then. The blood would have just destroyed the liner and probably later fell apart. Still looks great