Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet

Article about: This helmet is featured in the book "Australian War Memorial - Treasures from a Century of Collecting" by Nola Anderson, and is currently in the Australian War Memorials collection

Default A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet

This helmet is featured in the book "Australian War Memorial - Treasures from a Century of Collecting" by Nola Anderson,
    and is currently in the Australian War Memorials collection.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet   A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet   A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet
    P
    Many

And what they look like without bullet holes...

(I borrowed a friends Ramcke para to put with mine for this shot)

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

Bob you need to warn people when you post photos like that..

Spectacular mate..
    Josh

?

I just had an orgasm.

Simply stunning!!!!!!

Mark G visited the AWM recently, and the tan para that is featured in the above book was briefly on display,
    Mark managed to take a good photo of the helmet, here is Mark's photo...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

?

Nice pic's Bob. Am I seeing this right? From the original pic and this pic I see a bullet front entry with a exit to the rear and left side. Obviously the one on the left was from another projectile.Not a good day for this gent!

Thanks for the Pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nice pic's Bob. Am I seeing this right? From the original pic and this pic I see a bullet front entry with a exit to the rear and left side. Obviously the one on the left was from another projectile.Not a good day for this gent!

Thanks for the Pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Yeah it is the same helmet mate, and I agree, the person wearing it at the time was not having a good day at the office...

Bob

?

Great M38's Bob. You have mine and I'm sure others envy.
    Beautiful examples
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I found an April 2011 issue (issue #54) of the Australian War Memorial's magazine "Wartime" recently, and they had a very good
    article (on Page 9) with a good colour photo of the tan para helmet with bullet hole that is part of the AWM's collection printed in
    this issue, here is the article....

For the record, they state that it could be either north Africa or the Middle East, in my humble opinion, it is a north Africa bring back,
    and would have been worn by a member of the 'Ramcke Brigade'.....

-Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet   A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet   A battle damaged tan cammo Ramcke Brigade Para helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast