Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Could this fallschirjaeger helmet be genuine?

Article about: I have just acquired this Fallschirmjaeger helmet which was offered to me a couple of days ago. I was after a good copy to add to my collection, as the cost of a completely genuine example w

Default Re: Could this fallschirjaeger helmet be genuine?

Quote by Stahlhelmexpert View Post
    I think your way of judging posts is way bad. The amount of exclamation marks in my "FaKe!!!" post should already there give you tweaks about what the idea was. As the other guys say: read the thread and face the point.

I was being as ironic as you can imagine

Thanks,

Donald.
    hmmmm.....too be honest I'm not too sure if my judging of your post is bad, and anyway if it was meant to be some kind of joke it wasnt funny in any way shape or form. To be honest it was rather pointless, and I have read the thread. No disrespect meant or anything

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could this fallschirjaeger helmet be genuine?
    P
    Many

infin1ty92
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    hmmmm.....too be honest I'm not too sure if my judging of your post is bad, and anyway if it was meant to be some kind of joke it wasnt funny in any way shape or form. To be honest it was rather pointless, and I have read the thread. No disrespect meant or anything

Thanks

Danny
    Don't listen to this guy. "stahlhelmexpert" is a damn smug person, who's just here to play smart. I'm sure he actually thought the helmet was fake, and that he didn't use his time to read the threat. My reason of postin this is purely because i've seen some of his other posts, and he's definitely not a nice person.

- Johan

I think I have too agree with you, I didnt want to be the first person to go completely against him incase I was purely making a bad judgement on the 'new guy'. I've also read his other posts and I agree with you, and with a username like his, thats just got to suggest something..........it has to be one of the most cheesy user names I have ever seen, and has nothing to back up his claim of being an 'expert'

Thanks

Danny

I think I have too agree with you, I didnt want to be the first person to go completely against him incase I was purely making a bad judgement on the 'new guy'. I've also read his other posts and I agree with you, and with a username like his, thats just got to suggest something..........it has to be one of the most cheesy user names I have ever seen, and has nothing to back up his claim of being an 'expert'

Thanks

Danny
    I have met many experts in my time, and I have also met knowledgable people. The knowledgable ones never consider themselves to be experts, and are still keen to learn. The so-called experts are usually suffering from self-delusion, and they only have themselves to blame if they become the object of ridicule. Classing yourself as an 'expert' can carry a very heavy price for some.

Hi Donald.

Irony or not, can I refer you to post # 14.

And to be fair, none should be judging anyone on this forum, if someone has constructive criticism to give, praise, or truly dislikes something, fair enough ...that's why we all live in democratic society's...we have that right.

But without stating the obvious, you are a new member, and because of this , your comments, might just have rubbed others up, the wrong way.

Again if you disagree with my point,that is your right.

Gaz

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny.

I have to agree, I have took the time, to check Mr Experts, comments, not constructive or supportive,and in one particular comment, he was way out of line.
    If I had received this, verbal insult , from a resident "Expert" . Then from a Newby collector's point of view, I might be insulted, and disillusioned, and wander why I bothered to sign up to this forum

Still, funny old world we live in Eh!!!!

I've read that comment you mentioned, and it pissed me off a little that someone can just appear out of the blue and say those kinda things to somebody thats obviously new to collecting. There are guys on this site that I do consider experts in the field, but already he's proved that he isnt one of them. I hope this can be resolved soon because after all this is one of the best forums there is in my opinion, and it would be a shame if things got out of hand because of someones comments. So for now I'll stay out of it unless he directly speaks to me and leave it to the moderators and admin to sort it out and i have to agree it is a very funny world

Thanks

Danny

I've read that comment you mentioned, and it pissed me off a little that someone can just appear out of the blue and say those kinda things to somebody thats obviously new to collecting. There are guys on this site that I do consider experts in the field, but already he's proved that he isnt one of them. I hope this can be resolved soon because after all this is one of the best forums there is in my opinion, and it would be a shame if things got out of hand because of someones comments. So for now I'll stay out of it unless he directly speaks to me and leave it to the moderators and admin to sort it out and i have to agree it is a very funny world

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny.

I'm with you on this one, lets hope the mod's and admin do step in.
    As you know in the last couple of weeks, I have posted an M56which to be fair ,I did'nt know a great deal about.
    I recieved good info from yourself and others, and I'm glad to say ,no one patronised me, by telling me it was a fake or alluded to saying it was a pile of crap.
    Good constructive feedback basically..........others should learn about the correct way, too communicate, on this forum.
    In the past I have seen , some horrendous lids, which someone,has either bought in good faith,or did'nt know what the hell they'd bought.......I am certainly in no position to be slating the buyers for their mistakes.

Take it easy Mate.

You've only got to view the thread on the Lufty M42, to be honest that says it all

And as Harry rightly says, there really is no such thing as an "expert", anyway who'd want to be labled a "has been" (Ex) and a "drip under pressure" ( spurt)

I Still like the character of the lid

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    You've only got to view the thread on the Lufty M42, to be honest that says it all

And as Harry rightly says, there really is no such thing as an "expert", anyway who'd want to be labled a "has been" (Ex) and a "drip under pressure" ( spurt)

I Still like the character of the lid
    Hi John,
    I was told that quote many years ago by a dealer-friend, but for the life of me I couldn't remember how it went! But that aside, I really do think that this thread is veering away from the original intention of my bit of a 'scam' with the fj helmet. It does no good to belittle fellow collectors publicly, and I fear that this is what is going to happen if we are not carefull. The only advice that I would give on the matter is not to choose a user name that does not reflect your true ability!

Harry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast