Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Fallschirmjägerhelmet?

Article about: What are the first thoughts on this FJ-helmet? I can not see a good clear serialnumber, but I think it's there.

Default Re: Fallschirmjägerhelmet?

wish i had a fj helmet to show a toll mark. the helmet that is posted here dose not have one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjägerhelmet?
    P
    Many

?

Okay thx guys. Now I know where to look for first before I post it on the forum.

Cheers,

Kris.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I found a photo - but in doing so I also read that some fake shells have this too these days ...... so that is No longer a definitive checking point and THATS why I do not have a M38 in my collection!!!

Cheers, Dan
    I have one left, and pretty sure about his originality!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjägerhelmet?   Fallschirmjägerhelmet?  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

M38
    ?

The helmet starting this thread is all bad, a complete fake from the ground up. The very first photo gives it away, no need to go further. There is no sharp angle up to the visor on real ones.

Need more and better pics of the white relic to comment on that one. Some possible red flags there too.

Cheers,
    Terry

Do you mean mine Terry?
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

I'd be very surprised if yours was fake Kris, it looks fine to me from the profile. Have you got a front shot?

M38
    ?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Do you mean mine Terry?
    |<
    Yes, but mainly asking to see more photos. Closeups of the rim, the maker mark, the batch number mark, the inside dome, the bolts inside and out, the area where the decal would be, the outside dome, and of course the paint. At first glance, the rolled rim looks pretty narrow and the white paint looks pretty bright for a relic. But the shape of the shell looks okay and better pictures could prove it to be all okay overall. Don't mean to upset you, just saying it is not a one looker original by those pictures. Is there any history on it?

Cheers,
    Terry

There is no offence in asking!
    No history to it!
    The white spot is no paint, it is car filler, and the inside is reinforced with polyester.Don't think any markings are still discoverable.
    Just had a PC crash, so it will take a while before I find the pictures of it's original condition, when I got it.
    The car filler and polyester works are very easy to undo, so no wurry's at that point.
    I'll put more pic's asap.
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Here are some more pic's.
    On one I am holding the lid against the light, so it shows the rust holes that are covered by the polyester.
    Any more pic's needed; just ask.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjägerhelmet?   Fallschirmjägerhelmet?  

Fallschirmjägerhelmet?   Fallschirmjägerhelmet?  

Fallschirmjägerhelmet?  

cheers
    |<ris

?

Kris, you can see the tool marks on the relic i posted. If you have not already seen it

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast