Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup

Article about: Apparently they were picked up and bought back during the war, but unfortunately have spent the rest of their lives in a damp garage!! The Fallschirmjager helmet had all the front paint blas

?

Default Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup

Hi, This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I would like to say that I have found the information on various topics fantastic. I have an "older" computer that struggles at times (probably its user!!) which leaves me lacking in confidence using it. Hopefully this info and pictures make it to some of you?? Well here goes.
    I was given three WWII helmets a couple of years ago by a neighbour who I had known to say hello to only for the last 20 years!! He watched me loading my van up to do a small local military show over a weekend. I was setting up a display of a Vickers MG post and an MG34 post for comparison. Anyway, he never knew I collected militaria until then. His late uncle (a war vet) left him these and as he was about to move, he was going to clear his garage and chuck them down the local tip, would I like them!!!! I couldn't believe he said that, so I said bring them down sometime.. About 3 or 4 days later the doorbell rang and I could see through the glass that he had an armful of bits. My eyes widened and my chin hit the floor as he came in.
    His uncle served in the Med and picked these up off the battlefield and bought them back. A standard British helmet but with the Malta cammo pattern. A M35 double decal Luftwaffe helmet complete with its original liner and chin strap with some DAK paint left. I will try and post some pics of these later. The best to come, was a Med/DAK cammo Fallschirmjager , sadly with horrendous battlefield damage. The wearer, presuming his name was Blatt, looks as though he was wearing this at the time of impact from some sort of close explosive device. I have tried to download enough pictures for you to help me try and research what could have happened, where and what group this poor chap may have been with?
    Not sure what kind of value out of interest one would put on such a "morbid" to some but very historical to others.. Anyway, Mike gave me these for my collection and that is where they will be staying. Hopefully, as I said, these pictures will upload. Many thanks for reading this and hopefully you will enjoy the pics.Fallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickupFallschirmjager battlefield pickup

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup
    P
    Many

I usually am not big on relics, just a personal preference, but I really like this one. Jim G.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your good fortune!

Very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very good!
    Wonder what the chances of looking up the name " Blatt" to find out info on him and what exactly happend

Wow, just to think that those had been so close by for 20 years Congratulations, them being in your collection is undoubtedly a far more healthy environment than the local tip

The name Blatt is not uncommon in Germany. Without more detail I think it might be hard to find more. But a search of the German War Graves database might be worthwhile.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'd love to see the Malta Camo helmet, especially close ups of the camoflauge itself.

- - Updated - -

I'd love to see the Malta Camo helmet, especially close ups of the camoflauge itself.

?

Hi, Thanks for all the comments.. 100+ views already... WOW! Not sure if I can add pics to this thread, so I may have to start a new one with the other two helmets.

?

Default Malta helmet cammo

Hope these Malta helmet pics load!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup   Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup  

Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup   Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup  

Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup   Fallschirmjager battlefield pickup  

The British helmet certainly looks like it could have been brought back at the time but the Fallschirmjager has spent some time exposed to get that amount of rust pitting on it. Maybe thrown into a pit early in the war after it's wearer was blasted in the face! and found some years later??? - Or it could have been a post war battleground find that made its way into your neighbours uncle's hands.

Both great helmets though - no doubt about that.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast