Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmjager helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, What are your thoughts on this helmet, real or tampered with. The guy that has it seems to think it may have been cut down?. Regards, Shane

Break out the popcorn - this is shaping up to be a bloodbath. $315 with still 6 days to go ...... yikes!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager helmet
    P
    Many

Yep, sold for $861.20.....

It was the 20c that tipped it over the edge..

....some people are gooses!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I guess one day the buyer will get his money refunded. Unless he is a "hermit" collector & does not read reference books or is not a member of a forum. There are plenty of that "type" collector out there, in that case...he will never know until he tries to sell it, even then, might be another "hermit" who will buy it

It's never a good idea to gloat over someone being ripped off; fraud is fraud, after all. I'm sure we have all been there at some stage, I know I have. Yes, people should do their research, but sometimes they may have done so and still get caught out.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    It's never a good idea to gloat over someone being ripped off; fraud is fraud, after all. I'm sure we have all been there at some stage, I know I have. Yes, people should do their research, but sometimes they may have done so and still get caught out.
    Why don't you read my second response to this issue ? I expressed anger at the situation. Who is "Gloating" ? Referring to someone as a "Hermit" collector is the only explanation I can find to reasoning why this was probably purchased under the idea it was original. Anyone who researched even for one day would know this would be a $5K helmet easy, not $800

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    Hmm, yes we all make mistakes but there is a difference between a mistake and negligence. When the stakes are so high it is still negligence if one fails to ensure there is a better than even chance of being right. Unless of course one has more money than sense or is just avaricious and believes this is a chance to get diamonds for the price of coal.

How many times do we all repeat the mantra "research is paramount" or as we used to say in the mob "to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail" or any number of more coarse cliche expressions!

Yes this will be a hard lesson to learn but a good one for all that as long as the buyer is big enough to take it.

I see no evidence of gloating here and such a high post count (all quality) to length of membership ratio would, I suggest, support that. No, this is valid comment and I understood the vernacular which, by the lack of other adverse comment most others did too

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2