Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?

Article about: Hi guys, I am starting conversations with a seller about a Fallschirmjager Helmet. Would you be kind to give me your views please?, I attach pictures, regards, Juan

Default Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?

Hi guys, I am starting conversations with a seller about a Fallschirmjager Helmet. Would you be kind to give me your views please?, I attach pictures, regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?   Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?  

Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?   Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?  

Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?   Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?  

Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager Helmet M38 ET71 opinions please?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks good to me. But I'm still learning these so best wait for M38 or some of the other guys to provide more solid feedback as I could be wrong.

Looks like a KIA from what appears to be blood on the liner.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, will wait for some other opinions, best regards, Juan

Edolo1193
    ?

First impression I had some doubt about the pad, but with detailed pic no more doubt. Shell, liner, chin, pads , shape and colour look good to me, are slotted bolts made of steel? Just a curiosity....

I have not asked the seller about the bolts, but it looks to me that they are made of steel, arent they?
    Quote by Edolo1193 View Post
    First impression I had some doubt about the pad, but with detailed pic no more doubt. Shell, liner, chin, pads , shape and colour look good to me, are slotted bolts made of steel? Just a curiosity....

M38
    ?

Everything is real as far as I can see from your photos. The condition is not the best, with the damage to the liner and straps and decal, but if the price is right, it is not a bad example to own.

The straps are probably the worst part, with the breaks in the leather and missing buckle, and I can't tell if it has both of the sliding snap keepers or just one? Also consider that this probably had a replaced liner at some point although it could well have been done wartime. The helmet was manufactured late 1940 or early 1941 with a lot number of 59 (unless there are other numbers there I can't see?) but this late war RBNr'd liner and the steel slotted bolts are later products.

Seems logical the bolts were changed when the liner was replaced. You don't normally see RBNr liners and steel slotted bolts with shells having a decal. This helmet was issued from the factory with spanner bolts and an earlier liner I'm sure. But again, if the price is right and you are okay with the condition, no reason to doubt this one.

Cheers,
    Terry

Looks ok to me also and if the price is ok would be a good helmet to own

Agreed, this is a good one.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Terry, the person who is selling it told me that this helmet was bought from Ken Niewiarowicz, the seller is asking for 4500Euros, I have no clue as to whether this is a fair price or not for this specific helmet, what are your views on this?, regards, Juan
    Quote by M38 View Post
    Everything is real as far as I can see from your photos. The condition is not the best, with the damage to the liner and straps and decal, but if the price is right, it is not a bad example to own.

The straps are probably the worst part, with the breaks in the leather and missing buckle, and I can't tell if it has both of the sliding snap keepers or just one? Also consider that this probably had a replaced liner at some point although it could well have been done wartime. The helmet was manufactured late 1940 or early 1941 with a lot number of 59 (unless there are other numbers there I can't see?) but this late war RBNr'd liner and the steel slotted bolts are later products.

Seems logical the bolts were changed when the liner was replaced. You don't normally see RBNr liners and steel slotted bolts with shells having a decal. This helmet was issued from the factory with spanner bolts and an earlier liner I'm sure. But again, if the price is right and you are okay with the condition, no reason to doubt this one.

Cheers,
    Terry

Price is 4500 Euros, what do you think?, cheers, Juan
    Quote by kradman View Post
    Looks ok to me also and if the price is ok would be a good helmet to own

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast