Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager Helmet - Partial Strap

Article about: First off, I know these pics are really poor. Best I have for now. I don't own a Fallschirmjager helmet but it's been on my "bucket list" since I was a kid. Given the prices of the

MAP
    ?

Default Fallschirmjager Helmet - Partial Strap

First off, I know these pics are really poor. Best I have for now.

I don't own a Fallschirmjager helmet but it's been on my "bucket list" since I was a kid. Given the prices of these, most are out of reach for me at this point, so this one would be an entry level item.

While I will try to get better pictures sent to me, I have a few questions, so hopefully someone can offer some help as I only know enough to get me in trouble.

1) This helmet has had the back straps very cleanly cut off (I was able to look at the helmet but didn't have a camara at the time). How much does this hurt the value?
    2) Based on these low rez pics, does the liner and lid look legit?
    3) Assuming it's good, what is a fair value? (there a gty on this, so can always return, just trying to save up the money).

Any and all help is appreciated and no worries if your not comfortable to comment based on the picture quality.

Regards,

Michael

Fallschirmjager Helmet - Partial StrapFallschirmjager Helmet - Partial Strap
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager Helmet - Partial Strap
    P
    Many

from what I can see it looks honest.

MAP
    ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    from what I can see it looks honest.
    As always, Thanks Harry,

Any thoughts on the cut straps. It would be great to have a complete one but this is much cheaper.

Any estimates on value ( from anyone) would be great as well

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

These are pretty bad photos for a good assessment, i,d like to see the makers mark, lot number etc, from these photos, i dont see the crimping marks around the inner rim, although the liner does look ok, the straps do affect the price, however it should,nt be that much , the helmet,paint, liner and originality count for the most part

Quote by davejb View Post
    These are pretty bad photos for a good assessment, i,d like to see the makers mark, lot number etc, from these photos, i dont see the crimping marks around the inner rim, although the liner does look ok, the straps do affect the price, however it should,nt be that much , the helmet,paint, liner and originality count for the most part
    What Dave said, much better pics are needed to pass a judgement on what is still I assume a fairly expensive item.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    What Dave said, much better pics are needed to pass a judgement on what is still I assume a fairly expensive item.
    Dave/Anon,

Yes picks are real poor so appreciate the feedback based on this. Helmet is in "OK" shape and will attemp to get better picks in the future.

Cost is ~$2.5K and not sure if this is a fair value given the cut straps and less than perfect condition (assuming it is all original).

I've seen nice ones priced at much more than that but haven't really followed this market.

Regards,

Michael

Based just on these pics Michael, I would pass. I can't see any sign of the tooling on the rim that should be there.

Did you get the maker mark and size for it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Based just on these pics Michael, I would pass. I can't see any sign of the tooling on the rim that should be there.

Did you get the maker mark and size for it?
    No. Didn't get anything. I held it quickly a few month back. Everything I've gotten so far from my friend has been legit (a lot verified on WRF) so I know he's not being deceptive but mistakes can honestly be made. Everything I purchase has a $ back gty. Promise to get better pics next time I see it.

Regards

Michael

M38
    ?

Pictures are pretty bad but I think this one is okay. It appears to be the flared rim version, all of which have a batch number of 4054 and most are size 68 shells, all no decal. To my knowledge, these are not being reproduced. The damaged strap definitely hurts the value. I think the $2500 price is just about exactly what it is worth. With a good full strap it would be a $4000 helmet. But you will likely never find a full replacement strap, they are virtually impossible, and if you did the replacement strap would be $1500+.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Quote by M38 View Post
    Pictures are pretty bad but I think this one is okay. It appears to be the flared rim version, all of which have a batch number of 4054 and most are size 68 shells, all no decal. To my knowledge, these are not being reproduced. The damaged strap definitely hurts the value. I think the $2500 price is just about exactly what it is worth. With a good full strap it would be a $4000 helmet. But you will likely never find a full replacement strap, they are virtually impossible, and if you did the replacement strap would be $1500+.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Terry,

Thanks a million. This is a big help and gives me some data to go on next time I see this helmet. Will gather all the details and get good pics. It may be a month or so however. I've researched original straps and concur that they are super expensive if you can even find them.

For now, this helmet is in my price range and if it's legit was hoping it would be a good starter. We will see.

Regards,

Michael