Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I am not, in any way, expert in Luftwaffe helmets. My initial reaction is, that it looks good in general. But what do you guys with more experience think? I was told

Default Fallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet

Hello fellow collectors,
    I am not, in any way, expert in Luftwaffe helmets. My initial reaction is, that it looks good in general. But what do you guys with more experience think? I was told that "Its the very rare M37 type with the long holes on the side.". There's some text inside the helmet, but I can't read what it says.

There's a decal on one side in good condition and on the other side, you can barely see the Luftwaffe-eagle (that particular picture is missing for the moment, but I will hopefully get it soon.)

Fallschirmsjäger M37 HelmetFallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet

Kimo666

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet

even though this is not my area i would have to say the whole thing is a fake especially the decal !!

look fake to me too

?

A true M37 didnt have the spanner bolts attached, ie there were only three split pins as per normal helmets, your one has the ordinary split pin holes plus someone has made extra ones for the bolts, i would suggest that its a normal helmet faked into a M37 lookalike

A complete and utter fake. Incorrectly made shell etc.

Cheers,Ade.

Hello Guys,
    Thank you for all your comments. They're greatly appreciated. I will pass on that helmet.

Enjoy your sunday,
    Kimo666

I have run into an FJ helmet made Just like this one (online not in my hands)Fallschirmsjäger M37 Helmet

Quote by davejb View Post
    A true M37 didnt have the spanner bolts attached, ie there were only three split pins as per normal helmets, your one has the ordinary split pin holes plus someone has made extra ones for the bolts, i would suggest that its a normal helmet faked into a M37 lookalike
    Without commenting on originality, I have to point out that most m37's were retrofitted with the later type liner, which involved removal of the vent bush and instead used a spanner bolt to mount the later liner.

Jerry