Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fallschrimjager helmet found in Crete...

Article about: Hello guys! It was a nice day here in Crete! I visited a local antique store and i found many nice items! The first one the cought my attention was this FJ helmet but i didn't receive that m

?

I mean the rolled edge of the skirt The inside of the rolled up edge and not the outside.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschrimjager helmet found in Crete...
    P
    Many

Yeah because there is a distinctive crimp on the edge rim inside helmet you can leave the liner in it Lizardking timothy

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I mean the rolled edge of the skirt The inside of the rolled up edge and not the outside.

Cheers
    Can you posty a sample pic so i'll take the same one when i visit the store again?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Can you posty a sample pic so i'll take the same one when i visit the store again?
    Don't bother, he obviously has a shop full of fakes for the tourists looking to buy some "original" FJ items when they visit Kreta.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Can you post me a sample pic of what you're saying so next time i'll look for that and photograph it?
    As for your comment Jerry B i totally agree... That shop also has 2 FJ gravity knives, a 1st model LW dagger and an SA dagger that i didn't bother to photograph them...
    I will go again on Monday and take some more pics of these items and the details for the cap and the helmet you're asking for!

I don't know about the gravity knives etc but the cap, the helmet and the cloth badge are all fakes IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Something like this. It's a good ground dug FJ helmet. You can still see the tool marks on the rolled edge even in relic condition.

Regards, Lars

Thanks a lot Datrus! So, next time i'll take pics of the rolled edges... I'll visit it again on Monday!

if you go again on Monday post more photos from shop and items.ask if it has and internet site.But as i see and in other post it has and fake items..strange

The helmet is a compete and utter fake.

Just look how badly the liner retaining spanner bolt fits as the recess for them, is not right. That is apart from the dreadful paint and decal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast