MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FJ camo helmet

Article about: the pic of the rear of the lid the left bolt is out of line / to high up i think even the shell is a fake ?? cheers ian

Default FJ camo helmet

Hi all,

Some pics from a new german item in "My Private Museum".

Fallschirmjäger camo helmet.

This is the second in my collection.
    Hope you like it.
    Regards.
    Carfin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ camo helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: FJ camo helmet

Looks ok for a reproduction, who did the camo?

?

Dave, you really think it's a fake? If so, it looks very covincing to me! IMO, I am not an expert though.

~Dean

?

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Dave, you really think it's a fake? If so, it looks very covincing to me! IMO, I am not an expert though.

~Dean
    besides the liner being wrong ,...it would take closer scrutiny to determine the shell,....I am no authority,...so I hope others will enlighten you.

?

The liner seam runs the wrong way, it should be side to side, i would like to know the maker and size of the helmet if there is one, but im not convinced, if real this would cost a small fortune, and if im wrong so be it, ill apologise but there were i think Chinese liners being made like this as they got the whole thing completely wrong, lets wait for some more comments, Chris and Jim might have something to say

I agree with dave!

The paint under the camo seems to have such a great overall sheen with no very fine scratches, as well as the colour of the green splotches. The rust looks quite new and very linear scratches, and the rusted bird is convenient. The inside of the straps (part resting against the face) seems to have the "new leather look", the furry just cut type of thing, not the 60 years old worn flat and smooth look. And of course the linder is the wrong way, and what looks like space filler expansion foam on the back of the liner against the lid.

If I am wrong as well I will apologize, but I wouldn't have bought it.

?

I have to agree with davejb.
    Why is the decal rusted out when the base paint is still shiny.
    The liner is artifically aged. I have never seen one in a helmet side ways.
    The rust on the helmet just isn't convincing to me.
    I hope you didn't spend a lot on this one friend.
    SteveR

?

Well it looks like the verdict is in. When it comes to high end items as this, one must be extremely careful.( I found this out with lesser valuable items,luckily) Please dont take our comments in a negative fashion as we all get skunked in our collecting experience,use this as a learning lesson.Sometimes I get cheap repro's just to look at until I can find or afford a real one.
    ~Dean

?

Hate to pile on but the liner, liner frame, pads and straps all appear postwar, the paint and wear do not give me a good feeling at all (neon green camo?) and closeups of the maker and lot number are needed to determine if the shell is even real. I am afraid from these far shots I do not hold much hope for either FJ helmet cover either.

fake/reproduction...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast