Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ DD camo helmet

Article about: Hi,i don't often look in at this fallschirmjager forum section,but I will say that the image of the helmet from above clearly shows the cammo paint has been worn down in a circular motion.Th

?

Default FJ DD camo helmet

Hello guys, someone that I've met had sent me some pics from his FJ-helmet that he bought some 10 years ago in Normandy. Wanna show these pics for reference. Seems that there is a toolmark all around on the inside and a makermark aswell. Can't read it very good. What you think about the lid?

FJ DD camo helmetFJ DD camo helmetFJ DD camo helmetFJ DD camo helmetFJ DD camo helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ DD camo helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: FJ DD camo helmet

it looks a nice helmet.

Hi Krisse,

Well I am sorry but I am not a fan of the decal or the paint on this one. The decal shows some of the flaws you see in the fake birds as well as being removed at some of the typical checking points. Of course with the paint then being over them it bring this into the fray as being reproduced. As for the inside, without better pics I cant tell.

I would love for this one to be real and correct but I just dont think it is

Regards
    Jason

?

I'm sorry but i have to agree , there a few red flags not least the chin strap harness, the rubber cushions to mention but two , i'm not wholly convinced on the decal or the paint , and if this was a genuine Normany FJ camo you would be talking in the 7 to 10 k price range especially in that condition

I think the Gents are on the money sorry to say.
    Morris

?

Your friend bought a fake.

?

Rubber cushion was a give away my friend

You bought the story. In 2000, it was impossible to find this in Normandy, execpt in a collection or a bad seller for tourists.

That camo is kinda scary in places, the way the tricolour looks under the paint too. I have to say I agree though, the liner is the biggest giveaway for me, especially the straps.

?

Well thx guys. My opinion was aswell that the straps look to new on this lid. Anyway, I'm not gonna discuss this whit the guy.
    It's not that I know him that well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast