Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ Helmet cover??????

Article about: Guys, Need a bit of help for my friend. He picked up a MINT late war FJ helmet out of a very old collection. Additionally he got this "bread bag" strap type camo cover. It fits his

MAP
    ?

Default FJ Helmet cover??????

Guys,

Need a bit of help for my friend. He picked up a MINT late war FJ helmet out of a very old collection. Additionally he got this "bread bag" strap type camo cover.

It fits his sized smaller sized M38 perfectly. But it doesn't fit my larger shell M38. Unfortunately we only had my FJ on hand.

Does anyone recognize this? It appears to be theater made out of some type of camo and some uniform belt hooks. The material also appears to be from a section whose original use was specifically for buttons. As noted the hooks are from a uniform. There also what appears to be RBN ink stampings twice on the fabric as well as the number "2".

While I think it is not official issue, is was definitely made using a sewing machine.

It also passes the smell test. There is "age" there. It is also in the same pristine condition that the helmet is in.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????FJ Helmet cover??????
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Helmet cover??????
    P
    Many

Certainly field made.

Looks like it was made from the fabric of a winter parka.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As Ade has put looks like made from the flap off a winter parka as you see the Rb number and size 2

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys for the info. Not sure if it would be a desirable item. Field made items are so hard to prove if they are original.

And while I rarely ever ask the hypothetical question. What is a good bid offer spread? Probably no takers on this question given the nature of the item.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Anyone else want to opine? Just trying to get as much feedback as possible before I go back to my friend.

In hand I like it and it smells the part.

Thanks

Michael

I saw many, many pictures of FJ men, and I never saw this! Don't take this "curiosity"....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Hi Michael not a lot to add with the exception of I am quite keen on the button hole stitching very reminiscent of the style seen used on the winter camo as mentioned by Adrian I wonder if someone had salvaged a strip from the front button enclosure from an old parka as seen in the image below if one was to measure the distance on the button closure this may bring you a little closer to identifying the source textile that it was produced from.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ Helmet cover??????  

Agree might be field made also agree hard to determine just to add I had a similar one once made from original no doubt Wss plain tree cammo no one could say for sure it was used in ww2. Just my two cents for what is worth. timothy

Not something that I would trust or believe in, and especially so if it were stiffly priced.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree, why nets and helmet covers can be seen in many photos. I have never seen a strap on a FJ helmet in photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast