Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fj helmet on e-bay

Article about: by HARRY THE MOLE My listing has been removed by e-bay for displaying 'offensive Nazi symbols'... What a load of crap! A tiny bit of wing and tail showing and it's an offensive symbol! That

Default Fj helmet on e-bay

Most of you on this website will no doubt be familiar with the Fallschirmjager helmet I posted on here several weeks ago. I parted with it to a dealer at the recent Preston Arms-Fair. For those of you who may not have seen it here is a picture...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1276162520

Isle of Wighter alerted me to the fact that it was now up for auction on e-bay (item code 270590898618).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I had a look but didn't bother to read the description - but I did last night, and was truly horrified by what was said.

The dealer claims he is selling it on behalf of his 87 year-old friend called Arthur... This infers (because of age) that Arthur is a war-veteran. He also say's that the liner is old and well looked after... This infers that the liner is not a repro but genuine. He does not mention that the chinstraps are post-war. All these things were pointed out to the dealer I sold the helmet to.

I contacted the seller and advised him that what he was doing was wrong and he knew it was wrong (but in stronger terms). I asked him to point out in his listing that certain parts were not genuine to the helmet and he was not selling it on behalf of a friend. All he has done is to add that he has since been told that the liner may be a repro... 'But I am no expert on these things'... He claims he has never met me and I have mixed up this helmet with another. Maybe he didn't meet me, maybe he purchased it off the dealer I sold it to...But he is certainly lying about it.

I have put up for auction on e-bay pictures of an Fallschirmjager helmet (which I used to own) with a very accurate description of what was done to it. I can do this because they are my photo's and I own copyright. So lets sit back and see what happens! If anyone wants to see MY advert the item number is... 290443777720. I would advise anyone who sells an item to keep detailed pictures of what they have sold. And if anyone should try this kind of scam it can be dealt with in this way. If people still choose to bid on the item, that is really their problem and no-one elses!

Harry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fj helmet on e-bay  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fj helmet on e-bay
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fj helmet on e-bay

certainly smacks of impertinence,

HARRY THE MOLE , so, you sell an original FJ shell with a pretty convincing aged copy liner to a dealer......what do you think he was going to do with it ?....would of been best sold to a fellow collector.

Quote by oradour View Post
    HARRY THE MOLE , so, you sell an original Fallschirmjager shell with a pretty convincing aged copy liner to a dealer......what do you think he was going to do with it ?....would of been best sold to a fellow collector.
    I didn't find the liner to be at all convincing. And just because I sell to a dealer doesn't mean that he should then try to rip someone off. There appears to be no honour amongst dealers these days. If you took that attitude there would be little sold to dealers would there? Your remarks also imply that ANY dealer would rip you off - which is an affront to those honest dealers.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I didn't find the liner to be at all convincing. And just because I sell to a dealer doesn't mean that he should then try to rip someone off. There appears to be no honour amongst dealers these days. If you took that attitude there would be little sold to dealers would there? Your remarks also imply that ANY dealer would rip you off - which is an affront to those honest dealers.
    This is being discussed on another forum, an obvious copy liner and an obvious cock & bull story (87 year old Arthur), sad to see this and some one will buy it, hopefully only for the value of the shell.

Jerry

?

Most of you on this website will no doubt be familiar with the Fallschirmjager helmet I posted on here several weeks ago. I parted with it to a dealer at the recent Preston Arms-Fair. For those of you who may not have seen it here is a picture...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...1&d=1276162520

Isle of Wighter alerted me to the fact that it was now up for auction on e-bay (item code 270590898618). I had a look but didn't bother to read the description - but I did last night, and was truly horrified by what was said.

The dealer claims he is selling it on behalf of his 87 year-old friend called Arthur... This infers (because of age) that Arthur is a war-veteran. He also say's that the liner is old and well looked after... This infers that the liner is not a repro but genuine. He does not mention that the chinstraps are post-war. All these things were pointed out to the dealer I sold the helmet to.

I contacted the seller and advised him that what he was doing was wrong and he knew it was wrong (but in stronger terms). I asked him to point out in his listing that certain parts were not genuine to the helmet and he was not selling it on behalf of a friend. All he has done is to add that he has since been told that the liner may be a repro... 'But I am no expert on these things'... He claims he has never met me and I have mixed up this helmet with another. Maybe he didn't meet me, maybe he purchased it off the dealer I sold it to...But he is certainly lying about it.

I have put up for auction on e-bay pictures of an Fallschirmjager helmet (which I used to own) with a very accurate description of what was done to it. I can do this because they are my photo's and I own copyright. So lets sit back and see what happens! If anyone wants to see MY advert the item number is... 290443777720. I would advise anyone who sells an item to keep detailed pictures of what they have sold. And if anyone should try this kind of scam it can be dealt with in this way. If people still choose to bid on the item, that is really their problem and no-one elses!

Harry
    The wonderful world of the e bay item with a story , this is why so many of the inexperienced get caught out
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Steve, I put both your ebay listing for the pictures of this piece and the listing of Good Ole' Arthur's buddy on my watch list to see how things developed. I just checked my watch list, and your listing is no longer there. Was your listing taken off of the ebay site, and if so, why and by whom - if you know? I thought your effort to enlighten unsuspecting bidders about the true nature of the helmet was brilliant, and I am interested in how the auction ends. Also, if you don't mind sharing the information, could you let us know what Arthur's friend paid for the piece? Hopefully, Good Ole' Arthurs' buddy will not recoup his initial investment. Best regards, Jim G.

He's really playing up the 'Arthur' bit................................ Scum !
    Regards,

Steve.

He claims he has never met me and I have mixed up this helmet with another. Maybe he didn't meet me, maybe he purchased it off the dealer I sold it to...But he is certainly lying about it.
    Harry
    Hi Harry, interesting post. You maybe could have at first just asked some questions like a "normal" prospective bidder, and maybe he would have signed his name or told who is was. Then you would know 100% if it is the guy from the show you sold it to.

Regards, Steve

My listing has been removed by e-bay for displaying 'offensive Nazi symbols'... What a load of crap! A tiny bit of wing and tail showing and it's an offensive symbol! That is probably the seller complaining about the listing.

E-bay have advised me not to list it again, so, needless to say - I just have! And if it gets on, the number is... 290443935252. I dont want to say what I disposed of it for, but it was only a very modest profit which I made.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

It may or may not be the dealer that I sold it to who is now selling it. The important thing to remember is that the current seller is lying through his teeth about it! I cannot abide to see anyone get ripped off by these scumbags.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast