Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

FJ helmet - opinions

Article about: Ade, Yes, this was the same thing I just heard from another collector. Shell looks good. At this point the chin strap is still in question. The inside is a brown chamois type of material.

Default Re: FJ helmet - opinions

Ade, Yes, this was the same thing I just heard from another collector. Shell looks good. At this point the chin strap is still in question. The inside is a brown chamois type of material.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ helmet - opinions
    P
    Many

Just offered 3K for it.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Just offered 3K for it.
    Who has?

A major east coast collector in the hobby for over 30 years. He identified this helmet as a late war ckl. I had posted this example on several web groups and he made an offer. He prefers to remain anonymous.

?

It seems he also wishes to remain stupid as well, especially as the liner and chin strap looks to be post war and the rubber protection pads look too modern.

You may disagree with his assessment but no need to refer to him as stupid. I think I will be disassociating myself with this forum if this kind of thing continues.

We need to get back on track with the helmet. We have to remember, that this hobby, especially where TR is concerned is based on opinions. Unlike most hobbies, this one rarely has a definitive answer. If your man is happy with paying 3k for it, then as long as he's happy, there is no harm done. I know of collectors that will buy a piece, because they like it, and cannot be told that the item is in fact a reproduction. Only when they come to sell it do they realise mistakes have been made. remember, everyone is an expert, .

My own personal opinion, is that I do not like it for the reasons stated, of course, I would love to be proved wrong, but until that time comes, it's not something i would want in my collection

?

Sorry neil didnt mean to offend, but i class myself bas being one of the stupid ones on occassions when ive let my enthusiasm cloud whats in my wallet. As you will see on every reply that ive made to threads on the forum i am i hope honest in my opinions and i believe have even tried to assist threads that you have posted,therefore i believe i dont continually refer to people as stupid, perhaps i should rephrase and say over enthusiastic.

Well all I can say is the potential buyer has handled the item. The chin strap may be replaced but the liner and pads are not new reproductions. We may be at a disadvantage when examining digital photos. I've noticed the digital shots do not reproduce colors properly. And previously I posted an item handed to me personally by a German vet (a trusted family friend for many years) and it was deemed fake by consensus. I will pursue this cautiously.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    We need to get back on track with the helmet. We have to remember, that this hobby, especially where TR is concerned is based on opinions. Unlike most hobbies, this one rarely has a definitive answer. If your man is happy with paying 3k for it, then as long as he's happy, there is no harm done. I know of collectors that will buy a piece, because they like it, and cannot be told that the item is in fact a reproduction. Only when they come to sell it do they realise mistakes have been made. remember, everyone is an expert, .

My own personal opinion, is that I do not like it for the reasons stated, of course, I would love to be proved wrong, but until that time comes, it's not something i would want in my collection
    Well said John.
    I therefore stick to my " expertise"!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast