Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??

Article about: Hi all, Just came across this German Paratrooper helmet and trying to find conclusional proof if it is real or fake. When I compare with my findings then i am doubting but still not sure. Ho

?

Default German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??

Hi all,
    Just came across this German Paratrooper helmet and trying to find conclusional proof if it is real or fake.
    When I compare with my findings then i am doubting but still not sure.
    Hope you can help me out (with good news :-)
    Only these pics available but trying to get more.
    Thanks!!

German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Paratrooper helmet real or fake??
    P
    Many

Can't say that I'm a fan of it. Going off the quality of the pictures it looks like a Chinese copy. The liner and chinstraps look to have been over-scrubbed with sandpaper too.

all bad.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Can't say that I'm a fan of it. Going off the quality of the pictures it looks like a Chinese copy. The liner and chinstraps look to have been over-scrubbed with sandpaper too.
    Yep, a fairly clumsy attempt at "weathering" the wear to the straps looks more like plain vandalism and with that degree of "age" to the liner the decals seem to have survived rather well

I admit I haven't looked closely enough to really opine on the decals as I think it would be somewhat pointless.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    all bad.
    +1

?

All,
    Thanks for the conformation of my feeling.
    A not go!!
    Thanks!

Im just shaking my head ..in disbelief how great this helmet looks...and "looks" in the context at the extent,. of scumbags have gone to replicate condition and age.

Collecting will possibly reach a point of closure with the most seasoned ..and will stop collecting. The gauntlet of Panzer Assault Badges as of lately have become almost untouchable for the advanced collector. I got a hell of an education spending time with MAP this past Saturday on Helmets and on badges.

Crazy times we are in ..when filth is sharpening their craft , stealing and exploiting history.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry...for those who know...this helmet is bad from 20'. Be like me looking at an SS parts dagger, thinking it is real, & you standing there laughing at my lack of knowledge.

Thank God for forums...."Post before you buy" !!

I dont laugh at anyone......as I have been at the beginning also
    Glad you and many others of the same mind are here on these forums...without these great minds,.. cancer would spread quicker.

Glad to be here having the same degree in Historical study with like minded colleagues

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-13-2017 at 02:50 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Not a chance, total crap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast