Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

I D my M-38 Helmet

Article about: Thank you for adding me !!! I recently acquired this what I believe to be an original Fallschirmjager Helmet ???? Can you help me Identify its originality ?? Thank you, My Relics

myrelics
    ?

Default I D my M-38 Helmet

Thank you for adding me !!! I recently acquired this what I believe to be an original Fallschirmjager Helmet ???? Can you help me Identify its originality ??

Thank you, My Relics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I D my M-38 Helmet   I D my M-38 Helmet  

I D my M-38 Helmet   I D my M-38 Helmet  

2. # ADS

Welcome to the forum! I am not qualified to originate the helmet but I find the heavily sanded decal a little suspicious. Someone more knowledgeable will come along and give a definite answer. Cheers

These things are a minefield. I only know what I have read on this and other forums and for me, the long, repetitive and often curved scratches are a concern, the machine mark around the inner rim lip looks weird and as mentioned above, the sanded/dug-out decal appears odd.

Hope I'm off base here but with the cost of a genuine, decaled camo F/S lid these days you just can't be too careful.

Hi Myrelics - Welcome to the Forum. If it is a fake,
    it's a damn good one.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

H'mm..... I think? its OK but the decal may have been dug out by someone.
    The cammo overpaint has spots of orange rust which is a worry though the insides look good to me..... pity.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

imo a very clever fake look at the rim marks inside.

M38
    ?

This is an original shell, liner, bolts, and straps I believe. I also believe the camo paint is original. The decal was pretty obviously dug out and not very well done. Not a bad helmet if you can live with that but it should definitely be priced accordingly low for the dug out/damaged decal and missing buckle. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
    Terry

I think Terry and Danmark are spot on on their evaluation. Jim G.